Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The front passenger side door lock actuator is failing in my 2009 CR-V. The Honda dealer won’t tell me if it is still covered under the extended warranty service bulletin put out a few years ago until I pay them $130 to diagnose the problem. Anyone else have this issue that can tell me if the extended warranty repair is still in effect for this part?

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,662 Posts
I never could find this out either, but I can tell you that the part is half that price:

https://www.hondapartsnow.com/genui...&Year=2007&Submodel=&Filter=(bt=3,528;et=2,7)

This fits your '09 as well as my '07. Mine was already malfunctioning when I got the car. I just bought the part, but haven't installed it yet. Should take an hour or two, but takes mechanical ability, and tools, which I have.

Most dealers will honor our airbag recalls, as they have no choice, but things like this, I doubt it. Mine does this: When I unlock the car to get in, it instantly relocks itself. I have to continuously keep unlocking it and working the outside handle to get the door open. I need to get it done before it reaches the point to where it is no longer possible to get the door open, which will make it a much more serious issue.

Good luck, and keep us posted on how it goes. I will post when I get mine done, hopefully soon.

·
Registered
491 Posts
The extended warranty expired in 2015. You can find the service bulletins on the NHTSA site under "Manufacturer Communications" for your vehicle.
There are two TSBs 14-083 and 14-084. The driver's actuator could be causing the problem, even though it works properly.
The TSBs have instructions on how to change the actuators.
If you can't find them I'll post the links.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I never could find this out either, but I can tell you that the part is half that price:

https://www.hondapartsnow.com/genuine/honda~latch~assy~72110-swa-d01.html?Make=Honda&Model=CR-V&Year=2007&Submodel=&Filter=(bt=3,528;et=2,7)

This fits your '09 as well as my '07. Mine was already malfunctioning when I got the car. I just bought the part, but haven't installed it yet. Should take an hour or two, but takes mechanical ability, and tools, which I have.

Most dealers will honor our airbag recalls, as they have no choice, but things like this, I doubt it. Mine does this: When I unlock the car to get in, it instantly relocks itself. I have to continuously keep unlocking it and working the outside handle to get the door open. I need to get it done before it reaches the point to where it is no longer possible to get the door open, which will make it a much more serious issue.

Good luck, and keep us posted on how it goes. I will post when I get mine done, hopefully soon.
I watched some YouTube videos about making this repair and determined that I probably could not manage it myself without wrecking something else. I had it fixed this morning by an independent neighborhood mechanic who charged $180 using a genuine Honda part and gave me a one year service warranty. Thanks for the help, glad to finally have this fixed.

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,662 Posts
That was an excellent deal! Sounds very reasonable. Keep that guy around, a good, honest mechanic is hard to find. Sounds like you've got that down. Glad all is well now. Never go to a dealer for any work other than recall or warranty.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts