Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi There,

I have a 2009 LX and the AUX port has been acting up lately. I suspect it is the BT dongle that I connected about a couple of years ago which is causing this. The aux pin of the dongle seems to be fractionally thicker than average and because it was inserted in the aux port 24x7x365 for the last 2 yrs, it seems to have made the AUX receiver "wider" than normal. Now whenever I plug in a regular aux cable, the aux port does not detect it. I have tried multiple cables and this seems to be the case with all of them. And the same cables work fine in my other car. (so i am 99% sure its the issue with the aux port and not the cables)
So, my question is, how can I open up the AUX port in the dash in a '09 CR-V LX? I tried the method shown in this video (for the civic) but it doesn't seem to work. Either I am not applying the right pressure or this is not the right way to do it. I tried looking for the steps in a service manual (at my local library) but it did not have any.
Any help is highly appreciated..

Thank You

·
Registered
327 Posts
my guess is it would be the same, my port on my 2011 crv looks the same as that one

1 - 2 of 2 Posts