Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, my 2009 Crv HFT has suddenly started speaking German, anyone know why and how do i get it back to English, any help will be much appreciated , thanks.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
I had mine turn French several times but went back to normal the next ignition cycle.

·
The. Mod. Erator.
7,131 Posts
You could disconnect the battery for an hour as a nuclear option to clear settings.

Or, you could do a soft reset by holding down the power button.

I havent checked, but I would bet my last dollar that YouTube has a video on this :)

• Haha
Reactions: mrtn

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You could disconnect the battery for an hour as a nuclear option to clear settings.

Or, you could do a soft reset by holding down the power button.

I havent checked, but I would bet my last dollar that YouTube has a video on this :)
Thanks once again for your reply, I Have recently sold the 2009 for a 2013, Just trying to help the Chap out that bought my 2009.

·
The. Mod. Erator.
7,131 Posts
^

Ah ok.

Get him to join the site while you are at it 😎

Reactions: beww

·
Super Moderator
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
6,638 Posts
I submit, playfully and in jest.......

.....that any CRV that suddenly begins speaking German, or French, is doing so just to troll TheDarkKnight. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
4,021 Posts
I submit, playfully and in jest.......

.....that any CRV that suddenly begins speaking German, or French, is doing so just to troll TheDarkKnight. :ROFLMAO:
His Brexit headache is tough.
If it makes you feel any better, my 16 just changed Cruise control read out to KM/h.
Not the first time either. Went back to the owners manual to figure out how to put it back to MPG.

·
Super Moderator - How may I help?
4,879 Posts
And yesterday, while driving locally, both the built-in NAV, and when I switched to using Android Auto, the maps was showing me miles away from where I was. I recently read somewhere about a large solar storm that is/was/could "affect wi-fi, and navigation systems"

Who knows?

·
Super Moderator
2007 Accord EX 2020 CR-V Hybrid EX
3,254 Posts
Was it perhaps showing you somewhere near Roswell, NM?
GPS is an interesting system. The signals are actually BELOW the noise floor, yet we can dig them out.

·
Super Moderator - How may I help?
4,879 Posts
Was it perhaps showing you somewhere near Roswell, NM?
GPS is an interesting system. The signals are actually BELOW the noise floor, yet we can dig them out.
Not this week...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts