Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had an issue with the paint chipping on their CRV? I have a White 2009 CRV that I purchased used in 2012. Within the past couple of years the paint on the hood and roof has started peeling. It seems to be just happening on the top of the vehicle. The sides and back are fine. I spoke with a Body shop and the only way they will fix it it to strip and repaint to the tune of over $1000. It has 280,000 miles on it and runs good but looks like crap. Has anyone else had this issue?? Should I just take it to a "Maaco" type shop to get it fixed?? I don't have any experience to tell me how that would work.

Thank you.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
It's not an "issue", it just happens especially on vehicles that are old and not properly cared for. That includes caring for the paint job.

It's either deal with it or pay to have it fixed. Any half assed fix to be cheap wont last 1 yr before it looks worse than it does now.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
323 Posts
Find another body shop. Check with them when they're not too busy, usually early summer.
I imagine you could find a shop that would repaint it a lot cheaper.

When I had some minor paint work done a few years back I got three estimates. They varied widely.

·
Registered
12 Posts
About three years ago I had a lot of paint chips on the front of the hood due to all the stuff which gets kicked up from the road. Cost to repaint the hood and topped with the clear vinyl film was $500. Still looks like new 3 years later. Another shop wanted $1500 to repaint the hood without the vinyl cover. You first mentioned chips and then paint peeling. If the peeling started where a chip was that's one problem but if it started to peel in a non chip area that's another problem. If you want it fixed right then check around at some of the better auto body shops but it probably won't be a cheap fix.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts