Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The rear hatch of my 2009 CRV is not working properly. Sometimes it opens and sometimes it doesn't. It doesn't matter if I try to use the key fob to unlock it or the door switch. Not sure if it is a problem with the switch itself. The switch has been replaced due to a rear collision we had a year of so ago. They had to replace the entire rear door. It was starting to do this before the accident. Within the past few days we have noticed that if we bang on the spot right above the handle then it seems to open. Has anyone ever had this problem and if so how did you fix it? thank you for your help.

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
10,804 Posts
No replies in a day, so I moved the inquiry to the Gen3 area. :eek:

·
Registered
1 Posts
in cold weather 30 degrees or so to fix touch handle that will not open hatch.I used a bypass button,put it under l-plate connect to handle wires 12 inches of wire two wire conn.one switch sealed(momenterealy on)$10 in parts,This has worked without any problems.use handle when warm use switch below 30.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts