Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have honda 2009 CRV EX, mileage 30000. While coming from recent trip, TPMS system light came on (note: no low pressure warning.) After running some more miles, it went off. It repeats after few more miles. I saw few forums that it might be caused for failed sensors. It needs a reset. But not sure how to do? Will be real help if someone guide me. Hwever, i have few questions?
1) Can i reset it in my own or does it require any auto mechanical knowledge.? I have basics.
2) How much does it costs to replace sensor?
3) is it going to cause any problem if i am not replacing them?

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
I hope someone can answer your questions!

·
Registered
868 Posts
1. You cannot do it yourself. Take it to your service olace.
2. Various prices. Price of a new sensor, if needed, plus labour. Take it to your service garage and ask.
3. If you run with the TPMS error light on, you cannot turn the VSC off. Will be a problem in the winter.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks drivezki. Currently the TPMS system light is off again. Already ran 40 miles. Don't know what is happening there. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
868 Posts
Not much you can do. Nothing to do with tire air pressure. It indicates that there's a problem with the system. Possibly one of the sensor/transmitters is occasionally failing. But unless it's steadily failing, don't spend money to have it checked.
You only need to reset the system if one of the sensors is replaced. The battery life is estimated to be 5 to 7 years, so I don't think that would be your problem. Did you have new tires installed? Sensors can be damaged when tires are changed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I didn't change anything so far. I bought it from HONDA dealer last October and it is still under certification.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Then take it in while it's still under warranty

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks

Then take it in while it's still under warranty
Thanks for your post even though it was many years ago. Owned a 1998 CRV for 12 years and just upgraded to a 2009. I had a flat and had to replace 2 tires, 4 days later I noticed one (of the old ones) was low so checked the pressure on all tires. Wow!! the low one was 7 PSI and the rest including the 2 brand new ones were 15 PSI!! (and I double checked with a different gauge). After making sure all tires were at 30 PSI, the TPMS light came on the next time I drove.
I have two questions for you besides the obvious - why did the light go one once the PSI was were it was supposed to be?!
1. I Googled it and it appears that maybe when I had a flat and drove for a very short time not knowing I had one, I may have damaged the sensor on that rim that lets the system know the tire pressure is low and thus the TPMS light came on because the "system" has an issue not a tire (FYI I am new to this electronic dash - 1998s were pretty manual) - Does this sound reasonable?.
2. Isn't it bizarre that a tire shop, even on the Big Island in Hawaii, would send me on my way after purchasing two new rear tires and moving the previous rears to the front with TOTALLY underinflated tires? 7PSI in one of the old ones and 15 PSI in the rest (they all - according to Honda should be 30PSI). Should I bring this to their attention or is there ever a reason you might run tires that much lower than recommended due to temperature or ?
Thanks for your help

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am replying to this old thread just to add a little data to the universe. I have 117k pretty much trouble-free miles on original owner 2009 CRV. It has lived its entire life in relatively warm NC, and always garaged so even on cold nights it doesn't experience cold. We spent the night at a motel in VA, and overnight temps got to the low 20s. After driving for about 10 minutes the TPMS warning light came on. I stopped at a gas station and checked tire pressure, and they were all around 27/28 lbs, which seems low but not for 24 degrees. I suspected the warning light may be on due to the cold, but it stayed on even after 3 hours of driving. The outside temp didn't get above freezing until we got into NC, and by the time we got home it was 37 degrees. About 30 minutes form home the light went off. So it could have been entirely caused by cold temps, but I will keep an eye on it. Certainly won't be going to the dealer with the light not on.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi, I have 2008 Honda CRV.
A month ago, my TPMS light was on, and then I went to F*******E to reset it.
Two weeks later, the light was on (again) after driving 15 miles from home. Therefore, I went to F*******E to reset it (again).
Same story, the light was on (again) after driving 15 miles from home. Therefore, I went to F*******E to reset it (again).
Another story, the light was on (again) after driving 15 miles from home. Therefore, this morning, I went to F*******E (again) to reset it.
But this time they said that the right rear sensor was bad and needed to replace. After replaced it, no luck, TPMS light still on. They believe the car’s computer not yet recognized the new sensor. Since they do not have the tools, they told me to go to Honda Dealership to reset it.
Can somebody help me to solve this problem?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, I have 2008 Honda CRV.
A month ago, my TPMS light was on, and then I went to F*******E to reset it.
Two weeks later, the light was on (again) after driving 15 miles from home. Therefore, I went to F*******E to reset it (again).
Same story, the light was on (again) after driving 15 miles from home. Therefore, I went to F*******E to reset it (again).
Another story, the light was on (again) after driving 15 miles from home. Therefore, this morning, I went to F*******E (again) to reset it.
But this time they said that the right rear sensor was bad and needed to replace. After replaced it, no luck, TPMS light still on. They believe the car’s computer not yet recognized the new sensor. Since they do not have the tools, they told me to go to Honda Dealership to reset it.
Can somebody help me to solve this problem?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Something doesn't sound right? If they said it was a bad sensor and they replaced it why wouldn't they have tools to fix it when the light came on again???? Sounds like there trying to pass the buck to Honda???? F.........E should be responsible, there the ones who replaced it..Go back and demand to speak with the manager...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Personally I don't think they ever fixed/replaced it all they did was keep re-setting it ???? Now there saying it's the rear sensor????? Something is wrong with this picture

1 - 13 of 13 Posts