Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

About 6 months ago I purchased a Honda CRV (2009). I absolutely love the vehicle. It was very well taken care of. That being said, I have no idea what scheduled maint. has been done. I also am not very pleased with the scheduling that the manual provides (murky and unclear). I also have a Mazda 6 (2014) and I enjoy the intervals in that manual. Anyway, I am building an excel sheet to schedule, track, and archive maintenance (primarily scheduled and preventative). I attached two photos below. The first is the Mazda one I built and the second is my attempt at trying to fill the Honda one I made in. Please note that none are perfect as I JUST started building these. SO there are MANY missing dates and data. Going forward though this will be my tracking system. What are the Honda recommendations? Please respond if you know (i.e. oil change, cabin air filter, things to add or to remove from this list, and so forth).

Attachments

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Just follow the maintenance minder. It will pop up with, for example, B1 which is oil and oil filter change and tire rotation. Another one you might see is A1 or A2 and so on. The manual will tell you what a certain maintenance is. Also, if you don't know the status of the maintenance of the vehicle prior to you buying it, you may want to check the fluids for quality and quantity and change if necessary.

·
Everything in Moderation
7,886 Posts
That's a nice list.

You need to add Diff Fluid Replacement to the V if it's AWD. Also, brake fluid should be flushed every three years regardless of mileage. Valve clearances should be checked and adjusted around 110K. ATF drain and fill every 30K (after the initial 60K interval).

Many of your intervals are shorter than they need to be. EG coolant is 10 years 100,000 miles then 5 yrs /50,000 miles after that. Spark plugs are 100 - 110K (they are Iridium)

As Coastie said, the Maintenance Minder will trigger a code at certain mileages. If you wanbt an idea of Honda recommendations on a pre-MM CR-V, sign up at the Honda Ownerlink and download the service schedule for a 2006 or older V. Be sure to put the VIN for your 2008 in there too.

http://owners.honda.com/?page=%252Fuser_home.asp

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Here is the 2006 normal conditions schedule. Hope this helps.
2006 CRV normal schedule copy.jpg

·
Registered
252 Posts
The Honda MM is pretty good and I followed it for my '09 during many years without issue. But as it got older I felt more comfortable being a bit more conservative in the intervals and as a result I think my MM subcodes have got out of sync since they only trigger during an oil change. Now that my V is approaching 130k miles, I've gone down to 7,500 mile OCI (with filter) and swap the tranny fluid every other oil change (~15k) after experiencing the dreaded 2->3 shift shudder some time back (hasn't happened since). Likewise on the rear diff, heard the groan one time way back and figured $16 in fluid every 15k was cheaper than having problems. Overkill? Probably. But fluids are cheap and 30 min of my time is pretty much free so what the heck and I sleep better at night. I still do the air & cabin filters by the MM but check them every 3rd OCI if the light hasn't gone off. Big items like valves and brake fluid are by my log book according to Honda spec. All in all even with oem fluids doing the service myself is pretty cheap so what the heck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts