Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the '09 stock radio that has the 3.5mm AUX input just below the head unit:
-First, plug in the 3.5mm AUX cable & radio switches to that AUX input. GOOD.
-LEAVE AUX CABLE PLUGGED IN..
-Able to then switch to AM/FM/CD by simply hitting the appropriate button.
-Then NOT able to choose AUX again by pushing the "AUX" button on the radio. The only way to go back the using the AUX input is by removing and then re-inserting the physical AUX cable.

Is that normal? I want to be able to leave the AUX cable plugged in and just switch back and forth at will via the radio's buttons...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry, I don't have 5 posts and can't yet add a picture of the particular model of radio I'm referring to...

It's from an '09 CR-V (I have it installed in my '98 CR-V). I believe the standard LX model. The simple single DIN radio with the 3.5mm AUX jack directly below the head unit, as a part of the little storage slot there.

Can someone confirm/deny that it's NORMAL to have to physically remove & reinsert the AUX cable to get back to using the AUX source after switching to another (AM/FM/CD)????

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
92 views and no one knows if this is normal behavior for the radio? I need to know if this head unit is defective (bought it from an eBay seller) or, if I need to find a work-around. I'm planning on connecting a Bluetooth receiver to the AUX input and removing/reinserting the cable won't be an option once I have it installed (behind the dash).

·
Registered
704 Posts
I don't think your head unit is defective and I don't think this is normal behavior. The AUX jack has a sense wire that tells the HU when something is plugged in. If you wiggle the plug one way or the other will it let you switch to AUX?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll try that tomorrow, but I suspect the following will happen: If I were to wiggle the plug and that get's it to re-recognize the fact that an AUX cable is plugged in, it'll automatically switch to the AUX input. This is what it is doing....when I plug in the AUX cord, the radio automatically switches to the AUX input. And, like I mentioned earlier, I am able to use the buttons on the radio to manually switch to AM, FM or CD without hesitation. But, I can't switch back to the AUX source without removing and reinserting the cable...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do YOU have this factory radio?

Radio 09 CR-V.jpg

With the radio pictured, once you attach your 3.5mm AUX cable into the input jack just below the head unit, does it automatically switch to the AUX source, or do you have to manually choose it via the CD/AUX button on the top left of the radio?

And, more importantly, (the main reason I'm posting this) are you able to use the CD/AUX button to switch from AM/FM/CD back to the AUX source?? On mine, the only way I can get back to the AUX source is to physically remove the wire and then plug it back in. Is that normal???

·
Registered
4 Posts
I believe that is not the normal function for the aux. whenever the aux cable is plugged in, you just have to press the aux button for it to activate, and not unplug then plug again. for my civic 06, that's what happened. but I cant even find the aux button on my CRV exl 08

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So, just to clarify, you DON'T have this exact same radio correct?

The other thing that is weird with mine is that the AM & FM buttons (top right) both act exactly the same. Pushing EITHER button has the exact same effect. It will toggle from FM1-->FM2-->AM. (Pushing the AM button does not immediately switch it to AM). Since I don't listen to AM often or have the need to switch to FM2 (for the additional presets) his is not a big deal, but possibly worth noting.

I believe that is not the normal function for the aux. whenever the aux cable is plugged in, you just have to press the aux button for it to activate, and not unplug then plug again. for my civic 06, that's what happened. but I cant even find the aux button on my CRV exl 08

1 - 10 of 10 Posts