Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
90K, time for new pads and rotors.

Anything out there I should consider other than factory replacements? I use it carrying around tools for work, I have HD springs in the rear.

thanks,

Rob

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
If you got 90k miles out of stock brakes I'd say you're doing OK.
Anything else is either going to wear the rotors faster or the pads faster, take your choice, IMO.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Which aftermarket?

Was it noticeable because they were new brakes or because they were different brakes?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, I'll some more research. seems prices are all over for parts, Honda OEM rotors are $116, Duralst Gold, $45,.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
That's a nice looking kit H4L linked in his post. Notice it says it's a matched set of parts. I don't think you can expect to get the same performance mixing and matching parts on your own.
Let us know what you come up with when you get around to doing it.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've decided to go with the EBC, 6000 Greenstuff kits with RK non slotted rotors. The best price is from the factory, all 4 wheels is $352, pads, rotors.

I used EBC on a Ford Explorer last year, work fine, good customer service, made in the UK.

I considered the Power Stop kit and didn't really like the slots and dimples, besides, it was more expensive. Also, EBC pads beat out some good competition in a head to head test in car and driver, not the greens, the yellows, but I gotta think it flows downhill.

Will report back when they are installed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts