Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

I have a 2009 EX…still running strong :cool:

I’ve tried searching around for this but can’t find it. What I’m looking for is whether you can program the car to autolock once you park somewhere and get out and walk away (without hitting the lock button on the keyfob). Is this possible on this generation and model?

thanks!!

·
Super Moderator - How may I help?
5,095 Posts
Hi folks,

I have a 2009 EX…still running strong :cool:

I’ve tried searching around for this but can’t find it. What I’m looking for is whether you can program the car to autolock once you park somewhere and get out and walk away (without hitting the lock button on the keyfob). Is this possible on this generation and model?

thanks!!
Doubt it, you would have to have the proximity FOBS and the associated electronics (sensors) to go along with them. I believe this feature started (in the US anyway) in 2017 model year, Gen 5.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have an 07 lx that locks itself if i leave it unlocked. Not sure if its a feature or defective fob or what but all oem. I always assumed it was timed or proximity.

·
Super Moderator - How may I help?
5,095 Posts
I have an 07 lx that locks itself if i leave it unlocked. Not sure if its a feature or defective fob or what but all oem. I always assumed it was timed or proximity.
I can think of two possible explanations:
1) If you UNLOCK a locked car, without opening a door, many cars will re-lock after a pre-determined amount of time...

OR

2) The '07 has an after-market alarm system that locks it. I know you said all OEM...are you the original owner?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, I kind of agree with you Riverfront. I bet it’s one of those two things. If I unlock my car, and never enter it, it does lock on its own like you mentioned. But what I’m talking about is when you arrive somewhere, get out of the car, and forget to lock it with the remote, it would be awesome if it locked itself. But maybe it’s just the year of the car is too old. Like you mentioned, I’ve had aftermarket alarms that did this just fine.

·
Registered
2011 CR-V LX 2wd White / 2003 Suzuki XL_7 Limited 4x4
117 Posts
It would be awesome as long as it was a proximity thing. If you got out to fill the tank, wash the windows, and grab a snack, coming back to an automatically locked car would be less than awesome if the keys were sitting on the console tray.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I can think of two possible explanations:
1) If you UNLOCK a locked car, without opening a door, many cars will re-lock after a pre-determined amount of time...

OR

2) The '07 has an after-market alarm system that locks it. I know you said all OEM...are you the original owner?
Not original owner. But ive been under the hood and dash thoroughly and didnt come across anything that appeared non oem. Had i come across something that like that i would have ripped it out and replaced oem parts with new as needed. My uneducated guess is that it auto locks on a predetermined time.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
I had an 07 EXL bought new, have an 11 EX bought used, and a 4th Gen 13 EXL bought new, none would lock the doors on walk away.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts