Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi can anyone help, I have installed a new lambda sensor due to 'mechanic' breaking my original one ?

Car was returned to me with cel (em) on and I looked under the bonnet, seen the crooked lambda. Brought it back to him, put on the computer sure enough showed up the oxygen sensor.

I replaced it and the light has stayed on. Do I need to reset or will it go off over time by itself? Bearing in mind we have driven for maybe one hundred miles on the broken sensor.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorted, I disconnected the battery leads, removed fuses, all that stuff with no joy. Light remained on, I then went out for a long drive, light stayed on... Parked up again, then headed out later, turned the car on...light turned off!!! Boom ??

·
Registered
13 Posts
Nice to hear it resolved itself but you could have asked someone who has, or maybe opted to buy an OBDII code reader (cheap) by which you can both reset any fault codes or be informed by it just what the fault is to aid repair decision. Mine cost just over 20 notes and has paid for itself time and time again by allowing me to inform the mechanic the cause of the problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts