Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I bought our CR V last year in February and we fell in love with it before driving it off the lot. Everything was great until the hottest day of last summer when on a trip and at the snap of a finger, the air conditioner started blowing hot air. Being somewhat knowledgeable about cars and mechanics I waited to get home and started checking the cooling system the best I could to see if I could determine the problem. What I found was a bit strange to me. First, I checked to see if the clutch was engaging and found that it was not. Second, I checked to see it I needed to recharge the system and this is where it started to seem strange. When I attached the gauges, they read in the red. I went online and researched to see if I could get some understanding of this reading and came to conclusion that I should start with a new compressor and clutch. I replaced the compressor and clutch, Pressure switch, relay under the hood, all gaskets and o rings from where I disassembled. Pulled a vacuum on the system for more than 30 minutes and started to recharge to system to find that the pressure was in the red almost as fast as it took to open the valve. I have done this before on other cars and have never seen this before. Summer is here and the heat is coming and I need to get this system working again. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know what I should do next.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts