Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The leather driver seat in my 2010 CR-V is very uncomfortable. A horizontal seam on the seat is digging into my bottom. Anyone else had this problem?

·
Registered
82 Posts
I also noticed that the 1st month, but now after 3 months either it is broken in or I am used to it. I just took an 1100 mile trip and never felt it once.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yes. My driver seat has the same issue. I have to use obus form seat, otherwise I feel the seam with a few minutes driving.

·
Registered
2015 Obsidian Blue CR-V Touring
45 Posts
I noticed the same problem with my 09 and it went away after a month. Like the previous poster I'm not sure if I got used to it or if it was broken in but its very comfortable now

·
Registered
1 Posts
Uncomfortable leather seats in 2010 CRV

Just went to local Honda dealer to complain about the driver seat. I checked out the one in the showroom, it was just as uncomfortable. There is definitely a major design flow in the leather seats - the horizontal seam in the seat leaves a mark on my thighs. I can't drive comfortably without a cushion.

The other two cars in the family are a Pilot and Highlander, neither one has this problem.

Very disappointed at the poor workmanship and design of the CRV leather seat - I won't choose the same model in the future.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same thing for my 2010. Just terrible. We had a 2005 CRV with leather and I never noticed that problem before. We bought the 2010 because the 2005 was such a great car. So far we've had one thing after another to complain about/get repaired on warranty. Haven't talked to the dealer about this issue - they already look at us like "what now?" when we go in... I am hoping it breaks in, but I somehow don't think it ever will, as we've owned the car for a few months already.

Other issues with our brand new 2010 CR-V:
- creeky/squeaky steering wheel (fixed on warranty)
- headliner didn't quite make it to the back door frame, so with the back door open you could see the headliner loose from the metal roof of the car (replaced on warranty)
- delivered with defective tire (replaced on warranty)
- and now this seat issue

Other than that, is still a great car. To be fair, Honda service has been great so far.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The leather driver seat in my 2010 CR-V is very uncomfortable. A horizontal seam on the seat is digging into my bottom. Anyone else had this problem?
I have the same exact problem! I have never hated a vehicle so much. I just noticed the seats recently since I have not been driving it that much. It feels like I am sitting on a horizontal bar also! I keep squirming to find a more comfortable seating position but to no avail. I can NOT Believe Honda put out such a horrible vehicle. I would like to warn everyone to not buy this vehicle. YOu will be sorry. This is only one of many design problems with this vehicle. If anyone has any suggestions for a work around please let me know. I have only had this car for a couple of months and would give anything to get back my 09 honda accord, which was a DREAM vehicle.

·
Registered
367 Posts
If anyone has any suggestions for a work around please let me know.
I believe this issue is only with leather seats. I don't feel any seam whatsoever on the cloth seats of my 2011 SE.

Nonetheless, I suggest looking into getting a seat cover of some sort.

I have only had this car for a couple of months and would give anything to get back my 09 honda accord, which was a DREAM vehicle.
I saw your complaints in another post. Like another poster stated, several of your dislikes with the vehicle would have surfaced with a more thorough test drive (e.g. rear blind spot, lack of rear leg room, narrow armrest, etc). Nonetheless, since the CR-V is obviously not for you, I suggest trading it in for another vehicle. Sure, you will lose a significant amount of money, but at least you don't have to live with a car that you despise so much. At least the CR-V has great resale value so you won't suffer as much depreciation as you would another vehicle.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I have only had this car for a couple of months and would give anything to get back my 09 honda accord, which was a DREAM vehicle.
Lmao. There's your answer, trade the V in for an 09 Accord or newer, if they give you enough value on the trade in.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the exact same problem with the horizontal seam on the driver seat cushion. And you're right...there's some sort of metal support bar under the seam that disallows the seat to conform to your body. Driving my 2011 CR-V more than a few minutes feels like sitting on a piece of angle iron. I need to get this resolved or sell the car. The Murano I traded was far more comfortable

·
Registered
2011 Honda CR-V EXL
157 Posts
Our 2011 with leather is not a problem. I'm only making a wild stab here but could you fix the problem if you put more of an front up (or front down) angle to the seat bottom?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks, but I've tried that. Next step is finding a shop to customize the seat cushion for both comfort and thigh support and fabricate seat rail extensions. I used to make and install the rails myself, but I'm no longer able to, plus I don't know if it would affect the SRS by moving the seat back 2-4"

·
Registered
845 Posts
Funny thing is the CR-V has been the best selling vehicle in it's class for a few years.I guess not many are complaining.
The wife says the driver's seat is comfortable and I feel the same.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts