Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For anyone looking to install an Apple Car Play system in there car I highly recommend the Avic NEX series. I have installed several of these in various cars over the past 2 years and they work great.You can buy them refurb'd from Pioneer on eBay. I paid 375.00 for this unit (full warranty) on eBay. The dash mount UBS extension cables or HDMI/USB combo cable you can buy from Amazon or eBay. These plug directly into the rear of the Avic head unit. You'll need a Scosche HA1559B Radio Dash Mount Kit which matches the texture of your factory dash, Scosche HAAB Antenna Adapter, Scosche HA10B Radio Replacement Wiring Harness, Metra Axxess ASWC-1 SteeringWheel control adapter for volume and channel changing. I also bought a rear camera & LED light that replaces the rear license plate light for a factory look. Just look for (New Car Reverse Rear View Backup Camera For Honda CR-V ) . I also installed a Bypass for the Pioneer Nav on Ebay that allows an address to be typed in when the car in moving (passenger of course).

I also managed to get the factory Subwoofer working and have a separate post on that . Not an awesome subwoofer as we all know, but it's already in place and out of the way under the front passenger seat (not all EX-L CRV's have a subwoofer)
CRV kit.jpg carplay.jpg USB.jpg

·
Registered
136 Posts
Very nice! Aftermarket car audio is always a solid addition.

Did your car not come with a reverse camera? Just wondering why you didn't keep it if it did or maybe they don't have an aftermarket application to allow the factory camera to work.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Very nice. How does it work and sound? Do you have all the steering wheel controls working?
Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No this car had all options except Nav and reverse camera. The camera you see above has been excellent. Fits into the LED license plate light . Just need to feed the power and video cable .

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes - everything works 100% without issues. The steering controls are easy to install. The Metra Axxess system has been pretty reliable. I used these on my other cars. The factory Honda subwoofer works great for what it is and it's quite a difference when its on. As I mentioned, there is a separate post on how I connected the sub

·
Registered
2 Posts
Great post 3dadd. Whats the chance you can post an instalation guide for this system. Im especially interested in how you integrated the usb extension on the last picture and the back up camera. Thanks again.

-Jose

1 - 7 of 7 Posts