Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2010 CR-V Pioneer Avic 5000 NEX Installed with Apple CarPlay

19K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  j_mejia17 
#1 ·
For anyone looking to install an Apple Car Play system in there car I highly recommend the Avic NEX series. I have installed several of these in various cars over the past 2 years and they work great.You can buy them refurb'd from Pioneer on eBay. I paid 375.00 for this unit (full warranty) on eBay. The dash mount UBS extension cables or HDMI/USB combo cable you can buy from Amazon or eBay. These plug directly into the rear of the Avic head unit. You'll need a Scosche HA1559B Radio Dash Mount Kit which matches the texture of your factory dash, Scosche HAAB Antenna Adapter, Scosche HA10B Radio Replacement Wiring Harness, Metra Axxess ASWC-1 SteeringWheel control adapter for volume and channel changing. I also bought a rear camera & LED light that replaces the rear license plate light for a factory look. Just look for (New Car Reverse Rear View Backup Camera For Honda CR-V ) . I also installed a Bypass for the Pioneer Nav on Ebay that allows an address to be typed in when the car in moving (passenger of course).

I also managed to get the factory Subwoofer working and have a separate post on that . Not an awesome subwoofer as we all know, but it's already in place and out of the way under the front passenger seat (not all EX-L CRV's have a subwoofer)
Technology Auto part Electronic device Font Electronics accessory
Electronics Multimedia Vehicle audio Vehicle Technology
Vehicle Car Family car Vehicle door Plant

See less See more
#4 ·
Very nice. How does it work and sound? Do you have all the steering wheel controls working?
Thanks for sharing.

#6 ·
Yes - everything works 100% without issues. The steering controls are easy to install. The Metra Axxess system has been pretty reliable. I used these on my other cars. The factory Honda subwoofer works great for what it is and it's quite a difference when its on. As I mentioned, there is a separate post on how I connected the sub

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.