Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mother has a 2010 CR-V EX and she needs some snow tires. I want to get her a 2nd set of winter wheels/tires and found a set off a Toyota Highlander. Big difference is the wheels are 17x7 and offset is an ET40 versus the 17x6.5 and ET50 of the CR-V.

Any idea if this wheel will fit on the CR-V?

Thank you ahead of time.

·
Registered
3,068 Posts

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
You cannot just swap whatever off of whatever vehicle.

Biggest issue is the bolt pattern. Second runs into the center hole of the wheel which is a problem if its smaller than the vehicle the rim is going on. If rim is bigger then spacer rims are needed (not always needed but anyone who has to ask this question about rims means they just need to use spacers) Third is offset. Not such a problem unless going wider tires.

Use google to get all the relevant info between your crv and the wheels your trying to install. If everything doesnt match up then dont do it. Trying to force things to work without any knowledge of mods you will just damage your Moms CRV.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
Technically, the bolt pattern is a non-issue because they are the same.

The 'yota rims, the OP was referring to, will not fit (like OE stock) the CRV hub because the 'yota rim bore is smaller than the CRV hub (square pin in a round hole thing). If that 'yota rim would fit, but it will not, the 'yota rim the OP referred to would move the OE size tire outward by .6437007874". What the heck are spacer rims?:unsure:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts