Status
Not open for further replies.

2010 CRV Brake Caliper Rattle Article

7K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  canyon 
#1 ·
Clicking, Ticking, or Rattling from Front when Driving over Bumps
AFFECTED VEHICLES
2007−11 CR-V and 2007−10 Odyssey
When driving over bumps, are you hearing a clicking, ticking, or rattling from the front of the vehicle? Dry front brake caliper pins could be the culprit.
To check for this, lightly apply the brakes while driving over some bumps. If the noise goes away, the caliper pins need more grease. Repack them with Honda Caliper Slide Pin Grease (P/N 08C30-B0224M).
If the noise comes back after repacking the caliper pins, you’ll need to replace the upper caliper pins (upper caliper pin B, the ones with the rubber on the end) with the ones from the Brake Caliper Pin Set (P/N 06452-SHJ-305). This set includes two upper caliper pins and a grease packet. © 2015 American Honda Motor Co., Inc. – All Rights Reserved

I checked with the dealer today and they knew nothing about this. The part number (06452-SHJ-305) is different from the Caliper Pin part number listed for my 2010 EXL. (45262-SHJ-A01) which is still current. I thought the one in the article might be an upgraded part but not sure. If this has been dry enough to rattle for 20,000 miles it is probably dry enough to have worn the pin. Does anyone have experience with this?
Thanks

See less See more
#4 ·
I wish I saw this information three years ago. The noise was driving me crazy. My dealer just couldn't replicate the noise for a good diagnosis, so I replaced several items with no results and then read where someone said to check the pins. The caliper pins on my 2009 CRV were not dry, but I relube them anyway and the noise was GONE! Then we traded the 2009 in for a 2014. Go figure. I suffered for 3 years with the rattling noise, fixed it and then traded it in!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.