Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick note on a setup that took me a while to figure out and thought I'd share the info as I could not find any decent info on the web. I installed a Pioneer Avic NEX5000 (Apple Car Play) in the CRV and wanted to try and connect the Honda factory subwoofer which located under the passenger seat. Pretty much everyone I talked to said it can't be done. Happy to report all is working great (at least as far as the so/so quality of the Honda sub goes..)

My Honda factory Stereo was the standard 6 CD Changer with Premium Sound. If your stereo has the green 5 pin connector , then you have a sub.

2 Basic things to connect:

(1) The [D Connector] is a Green 5 pin wire harness and has 3 wires : Pink - Positive SW, Blue Negative SW, and Grey Shield SW - Cut these 3 wires and solder a RCA subwoofer cable . Connect the RCA Red to Positive, RCA White to Blue, and RCA Shielding to Grey.
** Note ** make sure to use a decent RCA cable like a true Subwoofer cable. These typically have 3 wires in them or 2 wires and shielding. You'll need to cut it to about 6" .

(2) The [B Connector] (actually says E on it) has 20 Pins on it and there is Red wire at Pin B15 . This is the wire that will connect to the Blue/White wire on the Pioneer which is a 12 volt power supply for the Amp (Honda Subwoofer) controlled by the ignition/key . ** note ** several online documents refer the Red wire as Pin B16 and this was incorrect. They actually counted from the wrong side of the connector. You will notice White/Red/Blue/Red wires on the bottom row - this is one you want . The Red wire at 15 - look at picts.

I will say that this was worth the trouble if you want to use the factory subwoofer with an aftermarket head unit like the Pioneer Avic series.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Forgot to mention - as the picture shows. Connect the newly made RCA subwoofer to the White RCA female connector on the Pioneer unit (Power Amp connectors) , Make sure the Subwoofer is turn on in the Settings of the Pioneer -

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here's the new Pioneer Avic 5000 NEX installed with Apple Car Play. The USB ports are working out great and it's the perfect location. you would think your knees would hit them but they don't. carplay.jpg USB.jpg

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Nice. I like were you put the 2 USB plug ins. Nice and convenient!

Txs for the pics & writeup

1 - 5 of 5 Posts