Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a new LX and the dealer told me if I bought a dual deck cargo shelf, the notches/tabs in the back would have to be taken out in order to fit the cargo shelf that comes standard with the EX. Is this correct and can I do it myself? Also, anyone know where I could buy one in southern california to avoid shipping? Dealer told me he could get me one for $500. Found one online that is $300 but would have to pay shipping. No OEM on ebay.
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,542 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
I just bought from ebay for $90 total including shipping the shelf for my 2009 LX

Looks and performs just like the more expensive dealer part, no mods needed as it just dropped into place.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ebay shelf

Do you have the link to the ebay one... the only one I see that is not OEM is $120. And they said the underside of that one is "pieced" together. Thanks!

·
Registered
276 Posts
my dealer sells products for % off for new car accesories so it will be $266 plus shipping witch is like normally 20-25 more but hit me up in a pm if you want one

·
Registered
6 Posts
Cargo shelf for 2010 LX

I have a 2010 LX that I absolutely love--I just got it--but the cargo shelf did not come with it and I didn't want the upgrade to EX. I have found some on ebay, but can I assume that a 2009 cargo cover will be compatible with a 2010 LX?

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Yes it will be compatible. There were no changes to the size of the cargo area from 2007-2010. You will just need to remove the little caps in the sideliners, 2 on the left and 2 on the right.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Cargo shelf in the LX install question

I too am looking for a shelf for my 2010 LX...I looked in the cargo area today and wondered about those notches. How do you get them open so that you could fit the shelf in there? Is this something I can do myself?

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have an 09, I made a template from card board and cut one out of 3/4 inch plywood with a jigsaw. I then covered it with black carpet to match the interior. Looks very good in my bias opinion and cost about 30 bucks. It is tricky to cut out with all the notches but take your time and it's not a big deal. Measure twice, cut once as they say. It probably took me a couple of hours total work which was far easier to come by than $250 :)

Crappy picture and dirty car but you get the idea..

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thought all of the Crv's had the shelf. Did not know it was an option for the lx..........How cheap of Honda!!

·
Premium Member
3,658 Posts
Thought all of the Crv's had the shelf. Did not know it was an option for the lx..........How cheap of Honda!!
It must be cheap of them that the LX does not have other features that the EX/EX-L have as well.

Every manufacturer does this...Not just Honda.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hard cover Trunk divider

Does anyone know if you can buy a hard cover divider for the 2010 lx models, I know you can get the soft blind type cover, but I dont prefer it.

I am in London, Ontario, Canada if anyone has any ideas I would love to hear

Thanks

1 - 16 of 16 Posts