Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wejust got a 10 crv window sticker says 22- 27 we are getting more like 19-20 .. It has about 1,000 miles on it is there a break in period, how accurate is the dash mpg indicator it has not gotten above 19.2 on highway, and the range is very inconsistant one time 262 a few miles later 332? should it flex this much? I first blamed it on the wifes driving habits but after driving it I am not to pleased. My full size 4wd truck gets better mpgs...

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
First, your engine isn't broken in...don't sweat the mileage now and just drive. BUT...when you do, don't count on the on-board computer to more than a glorified idiot light. Fill your tank, drive 250 miles on the highway and then fill your tank again. Take the miles driven by the gallons used and this will give you TRUE mpg. Remember that weather conditions, driving habits will vary as will your actual mileage.

My 2007 has averaged 24.1 mpg over the life of over 70k. Some tanks I get better and some I get worse, don't worry about short term.

·
Registered
148 Posts
My full size 4wd truck gets better mpgs...
I drive fast (70+) on my daily commute to work and average 22mpg and the only good thing I can report is its never worse than 21mpg no matter the drive conditions. I think those computerized displays are a tad overly optimistic and would calculate it manually. Check back at 5000 miles and hopefully the low 19 will be better......ymmv

MY 250HP Altima gets 26mpg overall on the same commute and 30+ on trips so its probably not just my driving habits

·
Registered
92 Posts
Mpg

wejust got a 10 crv window sticker says 22- 27 we are getting more like 19-20 .. It has about 1,000 miles on it is there a break in period, how accurate is the dash mpg indicator it has not gotten above 19.2 on highway, and the range is very inconsistant one time 262 a few miles later 332? should it flex this much? I first blamed it on the wifes driving habits but after driving it I am not to pleased. My full size 4wd truck gets better mpgs...
Astonishingly, I got 33-34mpg on a recent 800+ mile highway trip (driving around 58-62). Average around town is 20-23. Just turned 1100 miles. Using 89-91 octane.

·
Premium Member
2018 EX-L fwd
617 Posts
Must have been on fairly flat terrain to get your 33-34 mpg. Your city mileage looks fairly normal, though.

·
Registered
57 Posts
My 2010 EX-L gets 9.8 - 10.5 L/100 Km - city driving. That's around 22-23 mpg for you yanks. :D

My V has almost 5k km or around 3k miles, fuel efficiency has improved as my V got more km's under its belt. It doesn't seem to matter if I use 87 or 91 octane gas too.

Driving habits, traffic conditions, tire pressure and distance per trip seem to affect fuel efficiency the most, I have found. Shorter trips = less fuel efficient, specially if each trip is less than 5km. I keep my V's tires inflated at 31 psi btw.

It would help if you gave us more info, like what tire pressure you use, how fast you were going etc.

·
Registered
34 Posts
It seems there is a varied gas mileage readings for sure. After 9000 kilometers or about 5500 miles, I got a reading of 7.9 litres per 100 km or 29 miles to the gallon in highway driving which I thought was pretty good. It was my best reading to day. In city driving I am averaging between 21 and 22 miles per gallon.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts