Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a nice looking 2010 EX, 134k miles

The one key was hard to remove and it broke off the key fob....
then, today the 2nd key got stuck in ignition and could not get it out for a good while..

I know Honda has had issues with ignitions..... recalls etc..

any thoughts?
thanks

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
There were some old recalls for a bad ignition switch, but it was not related to the key. My '97 and a '99 Acura TL had this problem--the car would cut off while driving, like someone turned the key off. Ended up replacing both myself.

It sounds almost like something is jammed in the cylinder. The key should move in and out of the cylinder easily. It wasn't involved in a theft, was it? A dealer or maybe even a locksmith would probably be able to troubleshoot it for you.

·
Registered
2012 CRV EX AWD
306 Posts
Just bought a nice looking 2010 EX, 134k miles

The one key was hard to remove and it broke off the key fob....
then, today the 2nd key got stuck in ignition and could not get it out for a good while..

I know Honda has had issues with ignitions..... recalls etc..

any thoughts?
thanks
In your case there is the problem with the ignition lock not the switch. Just spray some WD40 inside the lock using the little tube attached to the can and it will ends your problem.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Graphite is for lubricating lock cylinders. Any type of oil will gum up the cylinder over time.

·
Registered
2012 CRV EX AWD
306 Posts
Graphite is for lubricating lock cylinders. Any type of oil will gum up the cylinder over time.
Graphite is good for clean cylinders and this is not the case. The pins need to be freed and easiest way to do it - use liquid. And WD40 does it perfectly well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts