Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me where the Bank 1 O2 sensor is located on a 2010 Honda CR-V?

I thought it was simple. I looked under it. Found an O2 sensor right before the converter and removed it.
The factory sensor had a female connector plug and the new NTK sensor has a male connector.
Needless to say, a male-to-male connector is not going to work.

So I assume there is another O2 sensor forward of the one I found.
Can someone point to its location?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Start at the front of the engine. The first one out of the manifold is B1 S1 follow the the pipe down until you see another sensor that would be B1 S2.

Are you sure you're looking at the connector plug coming from the SENSOR ? Trace the wire back to the sensor to make sure! Double check the sensor part number to make sure you got the right sensor

http://densoautoparts.com/find-my-part.aspx#searchResults

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
"Are you sure you're looking at the connector plug coming from the SENSOR ? "

Oh yes. I took it out of the exhaust system and had it in my hand.
I was trying to install the new one and could not figure out why the connector was not clicking into place.
I removed the new one and compared them. Old = female connector & New = male connector (on cable coming from O2 sensor).

·
Registered
74 Posts
"Are you sure you're looking at the connector plug coming from the SENSOR ? "

Oh yes. I took it out of the exhaust system and had it in my hand.
I was trying to install the new one and could not figure out why the connector was not clicking into place.
I removed the new one and compared them. Old = female connector & New = male connector (on cable coming from O2 sensor).

Did you Cross reference the new Sensor part number with the Denso one? Denso part number for 2010 crv 2.4l is 234-4574. Waht was part number on Original 02 Sensor?

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks!
That connector looks like the one I need. I bought a NTK sensor, part number 25680.
It is described as "pre-cat".

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That is exactly why I bought the NTK 25680. It was supposed to be the pre-cat (Bank 1 - Sensor 1) O2 sensor.
But the connector on the 25680 sensor is male instead of female like the factory sensor.
The picture of the Denso sensor connection looks like the factory one.
Not sure what the issue is.

The sensor I removed was on the horizontal section of the exhaust and right before the catalytic converter,
so I assumed that it had to be the one. The strange thing is that umpteen CRVs have been produced,
yet not a single YouTube video on exactly where the bank 1 sensor 1 O2 sensor is located.

·
Registered
74 Posts
That is exactly why I bought the NTK 25680. It was supposed to be the pre-cat (Bank 1 - Sensor 1) O2 sensor.
But the connector on the 25680 sensor is male instead of female like the factory sensor.
The picture of the Denso sensor connection looks like the factory one.
Not sure what the issue is.

The sensor I removed was on the horizontal section of the exhaust and right before the catalytic converter,
so I assumed that it had to be the one. The strange thing is that umpteen CRVs have been produced,
yet not a single YouTube video on exactly where the bank 1 sensor 1 O2 sensor is located.

If your looking for B1 S1 A/F sensor its looks like its under the heat shield on the front of the car.

Here's a diagram its PART #7 Honda Part No.: 36531-R40-A01

https://www.hondapartsnow.com/parts-list/2010-honda-cr-v-5dr_ex-l_4wd-ka-5at/converter.html?PNC=7

Attachments

·
Registered
74 Posts
Is a special O2 socket required to remove it?
Or can it be removed with a standard open end wrench?

Yes you need a slotted sensor wrench. Some auto parts store will rent or loan them. Make sure you spray the sensor with PB blaster or something similar and let it work in before trying to get it out.

Just an FYI . Next time you have a problem its best to give as much info as possible for people to help you. Like trouble codes you may have !

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
An open end wrench can get them if there is room and they want to come out. So will the closed end of a wrench when connector fits through.

Most cheap slotted sockets SUCK horribly. I got one that's a thick and heavy duty 6 point open wrench style that can attach to a ratchet.

Also removing the old one you can make life REALLY EASY but there is no coming back from it. Cut the wires off the old one after you unplug it. Them use a 1/2 drive 7/8" socket (22mm) to remove the old one. Make sure to put anti-sieze on threads of new one and the install with a wrench. Done.

People tend to overcomplicate things. No need to care about old sensor so hurts nothing to cut the wires off of it so a regular socket can get it out. And new ones only need to be tight, no crazy torque so even a stubby wrench is enough for install

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts