Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning, first post here not a car guy, but am pretty handy and have a couple good friends who are. Having issues with the blinking D transmission issues changed the sensor on the attachment, drained and refilled transmission fluid, still having issues. Wondering if there is another oil pressure sensor I can change, and what the part number would be? Also my engine has been guzzling oil, I can't seem to find any leaks and there is no oil in the spark plugs, seems like it's burning off, but the engine does not over heat, I'v been putting the full 4.5Qts in about every month an a half, would prefer not to have to go to a shop for Diagram, hoping it's something simple like just replacing head gasket. Thank you guys in advance for the help!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Everything you have done will not effect the light flashing unless you are putting in the way wrong fluid. But if your doing all this only because of the flashing light but transmission is working then your just wasting time and money.

Beyond that this is not something to be cheap about, pay the cost to have someone that knows what they are doing check what the issue is.

Head Gasket isnt something simple nor does it have anything to do with the issues your having. You need to have a proper transmission tech find out what the issue is. The flashing D is a warning that something is wrong, keep messing with it and you risk replacing the transmission.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,694 Posts
The flashing D means there are error codes being stored in the computer, and they need to be read. Randomly replacing parts and transmission fluid won't get to the bottom of it. The service manual has a distinct troubleshooting procedure to help trace problems. It could be anything from a valve or solenoid failure or an open connection (aka broken wire) to an internal failure of the transmission.

Don't ask how I know this.

Oil consumption would be a completely different issue.

Reactions: Shivone

·
Registered
14 Posts
Instead of buying another sensor to replace (which may not even need to be replaced), spend that 50 bones to get a mechanic to read that transmission error code for you. Then you'll know what to replace to fix your problem.

Unfortunately many 2010+ are known to burn some oil, might have to live with that problem...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts