Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All!

First time poster, however been reading through the forum as a guest for some time now, really appreciate all the great information and support!

Looking for some advise to validate pricing to ensure I am not getting ripped off. I al already in the process of getting a few quotes and options, but your advise would be very welcomed!

2010 Honda CRV LX, just hit 110k. Up until this point very little needed sparing new starter and regular oil changes etc.

Went to get new times installed today and was met with a decent size repair. I am not totally surprised due the milage and driving in the horribly paved and maintained streets of Los Angles, I knew Struts and others would likely be needed soon

Here is the quote this is parts and labor:

Front Struts + Strut Mounts (Leaking) - $620
Rear Struts (Leaking) - $498
Lower Control Arm (Ball Joints + Cracked Bushings) - $480
Outer Tire Rod Ends (Worn out Joints) - $180
All in $1,778

I have yet to do my 100k Maintenance - Spark Plugs + Wires, Valve Adjustment, Fluid Drain and replace, Belts look decent

Anything other then the 100k maintenance that you would recommend while the car is on the lift and opened up?

Very much appreciate the the price validation and recommendations!

adt

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm getting prices for my 2010 CRV EX-L 2wd. Front strut assembly replacement quotes I've gotten are: $710 per side ($1420) at Honda dealership, $1120 from the local shop. I'm sure shop rates are high in my area (Northern Virginia outside Washington DC). Rockauto has the strut assemblies for $122 each, I may just take it on myself.

Anyone have any experience ordering these from rockauto?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I would be careful with struts. There are a lot of low quality ones out there. I purchased FCS complete strut assembly and was not impressed. It didn't ride much better than the worn originals with more than 250k miles on it. Spend a little more. It's worth it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I will say this, I did my own outer tie rod ends and they were easy. I got Moog Problem Solver TRE from RockAuto for $20 ea, then got an alignment for $79. So to see $180 for outer TRE, is an insane price to me. Is this being done by the dealer?

Also get good struts. Sachs makes good stuff. I use their stuff on my Audi all the time. But I priced out to do front and rear sachs struts, new upper mounts front and rear that came to around $450ish. THe lower control arms that come with the ball joints are around $110 each, all from RockAuto. Not trying t promote them, but its a good place to get parts usually. You would then have to get them installed unless you want to do the work yourself. I do all my own work, so it greatly cuts back on the cost of ownership.

I plan on getting full coilovers and those are coming in around $900-$1000 a set, so thats cheap by comparison to the pricing I am seeing here.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts