Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1997 185, 2002 EX, 2017 EX-L
2,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets see if I can explain this. My Original Battery works, a new battery installed by myself. It is Dead again. Going to have to use a Ohms meter Impedence is it Pos to the Neg bat, and Neg to the Negitive cable. see the reading. if its High its a Draw. start pulling the correct fuses to the draw drops Low. I have to start somewhere?

I feel the Alarm is the culpret. To rip the system out is to match each wire with tags and carefully not short anything out, taken 12 plus hours to install, should take a good day to disconnect safely. I can try to Bipass to valet mode but the Led will be on full. I have to check the trunk led light, and anything that can be on, when given the chance. Before I start to tear into the car this is something I have to think about.

A new battery can sit for months, and start, well no more so to me there is a draw. I had a solar trickle panel on, POC did not help. wrong panel I guess. Right now iwill listen to Advice and suggestions. All I can do is talk about it, till ready to tackle the job in Spring.

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If I chaulk this up to the Remote & Alarm sys its a coming out can not be super hard to correctly remove things.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts

You use this on each fuse until you find the one with the parasitic draw. I likely will get one of these if I need it. There is a less expensive model with small probes that you can use on the ends of the fuses, vs. the system above that clips onto each fuse.

In both cases, it converts the voltage drop between fuse pins into amps.

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

You use this on each fuse until you find the one with the parasitic draw. I likely will get one of these if I need it. There is a less expensive model with small probes that you can use on the ends of the fuses, vs. the system above that clips onto each fuse.

In both cases, it converts the voltage drop between fuse pins into amps.
Sorry I forgot all about this topic @Wildcat appreciate the info supplied, very helpful.

I have not yet got back to the car. and something I am not looking forward to but has to be done.

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am getting near to the date to tackle, just thought there be some posts. Battery buddy comes to mind. start the car, go ride, when letting sit disconnect, disconnecting the alarm again is going to be my challenge. all the time in the world. maybe go find a better solar charger. never know could simply been a foul battery.. two cars same issue its todays bats.

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
finding out that the belt, alt can be something to look into , me notes to reflect on thanks fish
FISH

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it may help others out:

bat reads 8vdc lol. charged bat reads 13 vds as the neg terminal hooks up, car is starting and runs, alarm/remote start. can be a concern? car did not run for 6 plus months, same gas. lol not smoked or stale. what's that word winterized??? Locked the door, came back an hour later. knowing I need to ride it, but what gets me is while idling I did not read the volts, which I should have , tells me a slipped belt, to a altenator. never will I know, till I get them DIY replaced. So we can say a battery can fail. but what if its really something else?

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update:

I can recharge the bats. the bat reads 13vdc, started, reads 14.v, turned all on, 13 v went for a spin, reads 13v. have to pop the cap off the alt, trying to read under that protected cap unclear 5v, 4v, 3v, shut off, reads 12.80 (on video) as I watch the voltage drop to 12.60. I Remote started, 12 minute run time, will check later, I bet a drained bat.

I know I will need Brakes, disks for the front, a Alternator, Might as well get a Belt, and might as well get a replaced costco, or new battery.

this comes down to that. its sucks to come to a drained bat each second Lol.

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update: if I did not mention the ride did the bat good, starts each day. solar charger on to help

now that after the ride, ordered front pads, a stuck slider pin Lol. going to simply toss that out get a new set . I also need rotors I remember getting el cheapos 2 for 43.00 going to go get some auto zone ones Lol. at least I do not have to guess. Pads, pins, rotors once done, maybe a alternator and bat.

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll keep myself posted .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts