Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello every one, I have found everything on how to adjust the valves but not the correct specs for the intake and exhaust, can any one help with the specs?

·
Everything in Moderation
7,604 Posts
Don't they put the specs on the label underneath the hood anymore? :rolleyes: The one with the big word CATALYST?

No matter. FWIW, our '06's K24 engine is

0.23mm +/- .02mm Intake
0.30mm +/- .02mm Exhaust

HTH

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, I'm not sure if the specifications from an 06 to a 10 are the same, I have the i VTEC engine and I like to have the for sure numbers for this year.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Beware, 2010 valve spec's are different than 2007-09

Thank you, I'm not sure if the specifications from an 06 to a 10 are the same, I have the i VTEC engine and I like to have the for sure numbers for this year.
2007-09, K24Z1, Intake 0.008 to 0.010, Exhaust 0.010 to 0.013.
2010----, K24Z6, Intake 0.008 to 0.010, Exhaust 0.010 to 0.011.

From the 2007-10 Service Manual, the Valve Adjustment Procedure for 2010:

2010ValveAdjustment1.jpg

2010ValveAdjustment2.jpg

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh Sweet, I just got this CR-V last week and haven't been able to get the service manuals yet and the stealers are not very helpful, this will do nicely. Thank you again, Beyan

·
Registered
119 Posts
Oh Sweet, I just got this CR-V last week and haven't been able to get the service manuals yet and the stealers are not very helpful, this will do nicely. Thank you again, Beyan
That's so nice. I just bought a 2011 last week also and am looking to check the valve lash soon. Surprised to see the exhaust side has such a stricter range. I am used to setting them on the middle tolerance spec.

BTW, under my hood there is no sticker with valve specs.

·
Everything in Moderation
7,604 Posts
Surprised to see the exhaust side has such a stricter range. I am used to setting them on the middle tolerance spec.
Many of us set the exhaust valves to a loose spec. So on the newer engines (THANKS downunder47!) we would "aim" for .11 - .12 rather than .10 - 11. You MAY notice increased engine noise in this case...but it's a GOOD noise...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
On my 2010 there is not a "Engine cover" that covers the injectors, after I checked the clearance and test drive I could hear what I thought was valve noise again till I listened closer, I took a towel and covered the injectors and the sound got quiet, what I was hearing was the injectors firing which lead me to believe the valves were ticking, after I covered the injectors and listened at the valves they were quite. Some time I'll get the engine cover kit to help with the noise.

·
Everything in Moderation
7,604 Posts
^^^ I think they saved money by eliminating the stickers and injector covers! :mad:

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
You are welcome. And a question...

Many of us set the exhaust valves to a loose spec. So on the newer engines (THANKS downunder47!) we would "aim" for .11 - .12 rather than .10 - 11. You MAY notice increased engine noise in this case...but it's a GOOD noise...
I wonder if in the major redesign for 2010 of the intake, exhaust, and heads with bigger valves, they made it so the exhaust get looser with mileage instead of tighter as in the past?

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
On my 2010 there is not a "Engine cover" that covers the injectors, after I checked the clearance and test drive I could hear what I thought was valve noise again till I listened closer, I took a towel and covered the injectors and the sound got quiet, what I was hearing was the injectors firing which lead me to believe the valves were ticking, after I covered the injectors and listened at the valves they were quite. Some time I'll get the engine cover kit to help with the noise.
I heard the same noise and asked a dealer tech. about it. He said it is the injectors which I found hard to believe having not heard it before. After checking with a stethoscope from Harbor Freight, turns out he of course was correct. I installed a cover kit from College Hills Honda and it is much better.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts