Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CR-V was purchased new in 2011. Now has 8900 miles on odometer. At 1500 RPM and 55 mph I fell a vibration and hear a low frequency rumble. Dealer says it's the torque converter lock up. This was not evident when I first purchased the car.

I called Honda in California and they told me a similar story.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks,

Roy
Peru, NY

·
Registered
131 Posts
I get the same type of slight vibrations around that speed as well. At first thought it was out of balance wheels, bent rim or a road balance issue... Brought it in, had the tires rebalanced twice over the course of a month to no avail... Oh and the vibrations occurred w both the oem tires as well as brand new goodyears. The dealership dot not have an answer for me... I did some reading and found that it might be a driveshaft bearing 'bumper' wear issue... Found only very little info regarding it... Very odd that it only occurs between about 50-65 mph.

·
Registered
4 Posts
CR-V was purchased new in 2011. Now has 8900 miles on odometer. At 1500 RPM and 55 mph I fell a vibration and hear a low frequency rumble. Dealer says it's the torque converter lock up. This was not evident when I first purchased the car.

I called Honda in California and they told me a similar story.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks,

Roy
Peru, NY
I think I have this problem did you ever figure out what causes this reply to [email protected]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts