Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2011 CR-V Front Strut Assembly

4K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  chronicles11 
#1 ·
My right front strut is leaking. So I am going to replace both front struts with pre-assembled ones. I've been reading reviews on the Monroe Quick Strut, KYB Strut-Plus and the Gabriel Ultra ReadyMount and i'm torn between the Monroe's and the KYB's. I've heard that the KYB's use to be the top dog as they were made in Japan, but i've heard that they are now being made in Mexico and the quality is not the same. If that's the case i'm leaning towards Monroe, but there are some very unfavorable reviews. I'm trying to find out what struts are actually used in the Quick Struts; is it the OESpectrum or Reflex? I would greatly appreciate any input you guys have.

#2 ·
Did all 4 on our 2008 EX using KYB back in 2015. 2008 Brake/Suspension work Have since traded it in.

Glad you are buying pre-assembled. I didn't, which made the job more dangerous and took longer to do. I really enjoyed the new ride with the KYBs. Like you, heard too many negative reviews about the Monroes. Not knowing the year and/or mileage of your ride, I would also look into replacing the sway bar bushings [real easy to do with the wheels off], plus any of the linkages. Replacing the bushings and links really added only about 1 hour to the total time. Good luck with the DIY. Let us know how it turns out

#4 ·
Did all 4 on our 2008 EX using KYB back in 2015. 2008 Brake/Suspension work Have since traded it in.

Glad you are buying pre-assembled. I didn't, which made the job more dangerous and took longer to do. I really enjoyed the new ride with the KYBs. Like you, heard too many negative reviews about the Monroes. Not knowing the year and/or mileage of your ride, I would also look into replacing the sway bar bushings [real easy to do with the wheels off], plus any of the linkages. Replacing the bushings and links really added only about 1 hour to the total time. Good luck with the DIY. Let us know how it turns out
I originally brought the SUV into the shop because I thought it was a control arm bushing or something. But when the tech looked at it, he checked all the bushings and links and everything was tight. That's when he noticed some fluid on the rack and thought maybe it was the rack, but then followed the trail and saw it was coming from the strut

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.