Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this normal for a computer to tell the engine to stop running when the battery is bad, while I was in the MIDDLE of driving in the busy highway?? It happened to me last Saturday. Had it towed: $90.
I don't mind the dead battery, but why did the computer tell the engine to stop running when it is under power such as idling or driving?
I need to really understand the logic - because isn't that what an alternator do? To keep the electrical system running ????
Thank you..:mad:

·
Registered
172 Posts
Looking around on the internets it seems like a dead battery may kill the engine even after it gets started

This is not a Honda CR-V specific issue

·
Registered
4 Posts
Did you determine that it was the battery? I'm having the same issues w/ my 2015. Just died on a major thoroughfare and had to get tow. twice!!

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
If your battery just died it means your alternator is not working correctly. Not hard to figure out. Turning car on requires power, if alternator is not generating enough power then the battery will drain till engine shuts off. Once computer no is no longer receiving enough voltage it can no longer operate.

All vehicles in the last, well forever, requires power to ignite the coil to run the engine. Fuel injection vehicles the computer and everything else needs electricity to work.

Just like anything battery operated, when battery dies it doesnt work anymore. With a vehicle engine the alternator charges the battery when engine is running UNLESS ITS BAD.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts