Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are there any aftermarket gadgets that will allow me to use existing aux, add a microphone and Bluetooth capability to current stock system without performing major surgery? I want to do hands free calling and stream music from my phone.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Depends on what you consider "major surgery", and what quality you are willing to accept.

There are Bluetooth to 3.5 mm adapters that will allow you to listen via the Aux Port. Sounds good for listening, but you would need to use the phones mic for calls. My wife had that with an iPhone and it was okay.
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_0_11?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=3.5+mm+to+bluetooth&sprefix=3.5+mm+to+b,aps,246

Pac-Audio has some options that would plug inline with the antenna. ISFM2351 is one to look at.
http://www.pac-audio.com/productSearch.aspx?Make=Honda&MakeId=12&Model=CR-V&ModelId=1205&Year=2011&YearId=32
You would have to pull out the radio to get behind it, and a Metra harness set to convert the antenna line and back.

Or you could install a new head unit, but I am guessing that is what you mean by "major surgery".

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I might try a bluetooth to 3.5 adapter. Did she get the echo effect when using the phone's mic? In my mind, major surgery means major bucks and vice versa. I want to be able to use the cars existing speakers to listen to my calls (and music) and place a mic somewhere to have handsfree calling. Taking apart a dash doesn't bother me, but I hope to avoid more than popping off a few trim pieces to install what I want.

I have a OnePlus.

·
Registered
212 Posts
The calls sounded noisy but reasonable. It was an iPhone placed in a dash mount at about 1-2 o'clock relative to the steering wheel, and in a Civic. She largely stopped using it as it was a pain in the backside relative to what she got. YMMV with a different phone, mount point, and vehicle.

Frankly, I would just buy a new head unit with the features you want, rather than nickel and dime yourself with add on after add on to get it to work. You could probably get a good low end unit installed for under $250. Less if you do the work yourself, and much less if you don't have steering wheel controls ($100 for the hardware on that). Single DIN units with Android support and hands free calling start at $70 on Crutchfield.com

1 - 5 of 5 Posts