Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All - I bought the PYLE PLCM8200 model backup camera kit and there have been a number of posts regarding installing aftermarket backup cameras but I have some specific questions and need some help. Let me know if you can point me in the right direction on any of these.

1. Where is the best place to mount a backup camera on a 2011? Currently I made a small bracket to attach it to the upper license plate bolt. Any other ideas or is there somewhere specific? Doesn't seem like there is an obvious place to go with.

2. How do you remove the hatchback panels. I mean very specifically I have looked through all the Honda documentation and through tons of posts but have not found a guide for taking off the panel attached to the hatchback. Maybe Im missing something but I assume if the camera mounts to the hatchback the wiring will also need to snake through it as well and the only way to do it is to remove the hatchback panel. Please advise.

3. I'm tapping the reverse lights for camera power but don't know how to do this. Any advise on accessing the read backup lights to tap the power is appreciated.

4. On the monitor that attaches to the rear view mirror I opted for getting a 12v cigarette lighter adapter rather than directly wiring it into the wiring harness. Seemed simpler to me but curious if anyone has any pros or cons of doing this? for me it seems easier.

any help on this is greatly appreciated.....

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
When mounting on the lic plate, check your state laws. Here in AZ mounting there would cover the Arizona across the top making it illegal.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm realyy struggling with #2 above i.e. dismantling the interior to wire and install the camera. Is there no manual for doing this anywhere?

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
I see someone edited my last post?. Not sure as to why since there is no explaination. If you need that link again PM and I can send it to you.

Removing interior pieces has never been too tuff espically with the instructions.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Haha. I actually posted in another thread asking about this.

http://www.crvownersclub.com/forums/20-mobile-electronics/30546-backup-camera-install.html

That's for an 09. Here is for a 2011. As I told the other poster, yes I know this is the trailer hitch install instructions but it shows how to remove many of the interior trim pieces starting at the bottom of the rear doors.

http://www.handa-accessories.com/crv/2010hitch.pdf

For the rear hatch itself, I would look at a parts diagram to get an idea of how it's attached.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hey msr1545,

i just upgraded the head unit to a kenwood in my 2011 CRV (australian model).

do you still need tips on removing the trims?
i decided to take photos of what i did but only documented the reversing camera assembly as i got sick of stopping every 2 mins to take a photo after that.
but if you want i can post my pics and point out what to look for and how i ran mine?

cheers
HAZ

1 - 8 of 8 Posts