Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I need help with my CRV 2011 EXL.

The car doesnt drive as smooth anymore, with jerking feeling you get when you step on the gas really hard during gears change. Basically, when im driving from 0 - 60 I will feel the jerking feel you get when you step on the gas too hard during acceleration multiple times as gears change from 1 - 2 - 3 ... Sometime it get really bad especially when im driving in traffic.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Also I been to the dealership 3 time for this issue any they cant find anything wrong with it.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Low, or no, or non-Honda tramsission fluid?

Has it been serviced regularly?

Its in Warranty so Dealer should fix it! And if it takes more than a day he should give you a loaner for free. Unless it has not been serviced regularly?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No havent have new fluid added to the trans but should I? The only service I have done on the car is oil change at ~7000miles, cabin and air filter. Also, the dealership uses 5W20 Mobil instead of the 0W20, should I go back to 0W20?

Any other service I should have done? Thank you guys

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
Getting the trannie oil changed would be the first thing to do on my list if it were my car.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The last time you changed oil was at 7000 miles? Change it now. Then probably change transmission fluid too like the others have suggested.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No I meant I usually change the oil at 7000 miles. Yea im going to try changing the transmission fluid first. Also do you know if it better to use 0W20 or stick with the 5W20?

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
No I meant I usually change the oil at 7000 miles. Yea im going to try changing the transmission fluid first. Also do you know if it better to use 0W20 or stick with the 5W20?
To answer your question, it probably won't make any difference 0 or 5w.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts