Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 CRV-SE 2WD that has the same VTC Actuator noise at cold startup that many others have had. I have downloaded and read the latest TSB for this problem (09-010) and I noticed that the 2011 CRV's are not included in this. Only 08-12 Accords and 2012-2013 CRV's are.

Plus, under further investigation, the new "repaired" VTC Actuator part (14310-R5A-305) that is specified in this TSB is a different part number than what is required for my car (The 2011 CRV needs 14310-R40-A02).

I am not able to find any other TSB's that include the 2011 CRV's for this same issue.

What I am worried about is replacing my VTC Actuator with a new VTC Actuator part (14310-R40-A02) and it does not fix the problem.

Has anyone done this repair on a 2010 or 2011 CRV and had success??

Does anyone know if the 14310-R40-A02 part has been changed to fix the cold noise startup?

Thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
this problem is dang annoying ! We have a 2014 with 39k miles. First replacement lasted close to 2 years , then we just had it replaced again. It was just out of warranty but dealer gave us a break . They said for $50 we could get a 1 year warranty on this new one. That was a good buy I guess as after just 4 weeks its making noise again ! If I could be assured its not doing engine damage Id just let it rattle after this next one gets replaced

·
Registered
571 Posts
this problem is dang annoying ! We have a 2014 with 39k miles. First replacement lasted close to 2 years , then we just had it replaced again. It was just out of warranty but dealer gave us a break . They said for $50 we could get a 1 year warranty on this new one. That was a good buy I guess as after just 4 weeks its making noise again ! If I could be assured its not doing engine damage Id just let it rattle after this next one gets replaced
could be your timing chain is slightly stretched, not enough to mess up the timing but enough to make a noise when cold

·
Registered
1 Posts
VTC actuator safety issue

Hoping for help our 2010 CRv just came through a brutal winter 30 days below minus 30. now getting the P0341 codes. The VTC Actuatorrattle has been there since they rebuilt the engine under the carbon build up issue that made "drink" oil. The dealership confirmed the stored code but is blaming the stretched timing chain, however they will be replacing th eactuator at the same time. Dealership is Quoting $831 for parts and $625 for labour to redo cam chain and actuator assembly. I have already started an inquiry with Honda Canada but hoping for some suggestions to get most covered under warranty. When Honda redid the engine at 65,000KM [$40,000Miles] they said warrenty extended to 200,000KM. Now at 163,000KM. Any suggestions t put pressure on Honda Canada and dealer? In addition to the rattle on cold start up often it won't accelerate. it get going but once you move 30 feet it is like it goes into neutral for a 10-20 seconds. A bit scary as the 30 feet is just enough to get you into the intersection to make a left turn but now you sit in ht eoncoming lane until it decides to move. Not looking forward to that accident and personal injury. Any sugestions are appreciated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts