Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While driving my 2011 CRV suddenly decelerates. I can only go 20 mph. If I turn the engine off and then on again it will then drive normally. This has been happening for about a week. First time I hit a lot of water during a torrential rain storm. I thought it was because it got wet. But I've been having this happen since. Sometime as soon as I restart and sometimes a couple days. The check engine light and the ABS light came on. The code said the was a misfire in cylinder 2.

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
10,789 Posts
Sounds as if the car is in LIMP MODE so as not to cause damage.

Post back with the Check Engine code (an auto parts store will read it for free) and post back.

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
10,789 Posts
OK, verified that is a misfire on Cylinder 2.

You don't mention miles, but you may be due for spark plugs. If they were changed recently, verify that the proper Iridium plugs were installed.

If you are north of 60,000 miles, I'd have the valve lash checked and adjusted.

I would also move the coils around, EG, put the #2 coil on cylinder #1. See if the code changes to a different cylinder. (Coil issues are not common with the K24 engine but they COULD happen.)

Lastly, you could have a bad injector. These can also be swapped around as a diagnostic, but first I'd try a couple doses of a fuel injector cleaner such as Tecxhron or BG44 or Seafoam.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, verified that is a misfire on Cylinder 2.

You don't mention miles, but you may be due for spark plugs. If they were changed recently, verify that the proper Iridium plugs were installed.

If you are north of 60,000 miles, I'd have the valve lash checked and adjusted.

I would also move the coils around, EG, put the #2 coil on cylinder #1. See if the code changes to a different cylinder. (Coil issues are not common with the K24 engine but they COULD happen.)

Lastly, you could have a bad injector. These can also be swapped around as a diagnostic, but first I'd try a couple doses of a fuel injector cleaner such as Tecxhron or BG44 or Seafoam.
Thank you I will try it. I was planning o changing the spark plugs tomorrow and go from there

1 - 5 of 5 Posts