Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

We have just had a mouse in the CRV for a few days (doesn't seem uncommon). The mouse (hoping it is only one, I still have the traps set) managed to eat a hole through the recerc. flap above the cabin filter/fan unit and start pulling the noise dampening mat into the filter area ( nice flat area for a nest i guess).
I would like to obtain a diagram of the system and how to access it all so i can replace or fix the flap. I would also like to find the air intake ports so i can stop it happening again by installing some sort of grill.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks, Steve.

·
Registered
2009 CR-V
53 Posts
Exact same thing happened to my 2009. Mice made a nice home and almost filled the fan housing area with acorns. I was able to fashion a hose onto a shop vac and clean it out pretty well, but have not had the time to figure out how to get in and replace that flap. Good luck!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmm... we have acorns also.

Thought i might find a flexi camera and try to have a look. got two more mice last night... expecting more. Have set lots of traps. Don't want the remainder to die in the duct.

·
Registered
2009 CR-V
53 Posts
Looking at that diagram, I guess you have to purchase the entire sub-assembly to replace that flap.
I think I may try to put some gorilla tape or such over the thing instead.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the info. i still cant see the flap i am talking about, i will look around more on the site. can you see the flap number?

·
Registered
114 Posts
thanks for the info. i still cant see the flap i am talking about, i will look around more on the site. can you see the flap number?
The "flap" is not available separately. You have to purchase what's called the Blower Sub Assembly.

You'll need to keep the right side metal bracket, interior filter/tray, recirc motor and blower fan from your existing blower sub assembly. The top right nut is a bit of a pain to get to, have a swivel and extensions ready.

LX/EX: 79305-SWA-A01 (retail $78)
EX-L: 79305-SWA-A41 (retail $222)

OP, if you are buying a new part and have an EX-L, buy the LX/EX part number and swap your existing recirc arm from your existing blower sub assembly to the new blower sub assembly. It's held on with 1 Phillips screw.

The recirc arm is the ONLY difference between the LX-EX and EX-L part numbers.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the part numbers etc. It has been 2 days with no signing of mice in the cabin now. I am going to borrow a camera to have a look as much as poss in the ductwork. Then I will try and get the blower assembly out and perform a 'red green' fix on the flap. The local library only has repair manual to 2010 and the bits I need to work on seem to be a little different than the 2011.
Anyone have thoughts on this....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yep you are correct. I took the vent cover from off the bottom of the windscreen and found the huge hole that feeds air into the blower. You can get good access to the Flap here. It is a fabric of some kind. I repaired it with aluminium duct tape then i have sika flexed a 1/4" screen over the air vent hole. i can see how rodents can get in as there are ways into the ares through the fender panels and such.
this would be a good upgrade for honda to do. would also be able to make an after market cilp in screen easily as well.

·
Registered
2009 CR-V
53 Posts
You were able to access it from outside the vehicle by taking the vent cover off? I never even thought about going at it from the outside. And I had not thought about aluminum tape, either!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts