Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to see options for replacing my 2011 audio/nav system that still use all the steering controls, has a nav system, and can use the back up camera already present

·
Registered
511 Posts
Depends on your budget...as basically all things do.
What have you to spend?
Have you done any research?
What don't you like about the factory system? Why do you want to replace the head unit in the first place?
What are your needs and desires in the new head unit?

Depending on how much you want to spend you will be able to keep all the controls you now have by using the varied harnesses and connectors, etc. available.

I just replaced the factory head unit in my 2012 LX with an Alpine Car Play iLX-007...I was able to keep all my controls with two exceptions. I no longer have the compass and I can't set the clock but the installer set the clock to the correct time using the factory radio so I have correct time on the little display until I disconnect the battery.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Depends on your budget...as basically all things do.
What have you to spend?
Have you done any research?
What don't you like about the factory system? Why do you want to replace the head unit in the first place?
What are your needs and desires in the new head

I just replaced the factory head unit in my 2012 LX with an Alpine Car Play iLX-007...I was able to keep all my controls with two exceptions. I no longer have the compass and I can't set the clock but the installer set the clock to the correct time using the factory radio so I have correct time on the little display until I disconnect the battery.
Well when it comes to cost i'd like a lot of bang for the buck. But must haves are rear camera support, integrated navigation that doesn't require DVDs, bluetooth audio play, and retainment of the controls on the steering wheel. (Would like to still Use the voice controls on the bottom left of the wheel but not a necessity

1 - 4 of 4 Posts