Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently traded in my 2008 CRV for a 2011 CRV. My 2008 had heated seats and I loved them, got hot, kept me warm and when I was warm I turned it off. The new CRV has an "intermittent" heater, or so the dealer says, and it turns off after about 5 minutes and then randomly turns back on. The passenger seats rarely works. I don't see any difference between high and low. Come to find out - after 3 trips to the dealer - they were put in after market. Is this standard? and after owning it for 3 months can what can I do?
Do all new 2011 CRVs actually have "intermittent" heated seats?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I recently traded in my 2008 CRV for a 2011 CRV. My 2008 had heated seats and I loved them, got hot, kept me warm and when I was warm I turned it off. The new CRV has an "intermittent" heater, or so the dealer says, and it turns off after about 5 minutes and then randomly turns back on. The passenger seats rarely works. I don't see any difference between high and low. Come to find out - after 3 trips to the dealer - they were put in after market. Is this standard? and after owning it for 3 months can what can I do?
Do all new 2011 CRVs actually have "intermittent" heated seats?
Only CR-V's with factory heated seats in EX-L or EX-L(Nav). Two heat settings and the passenger seat for some reason does not have heating elements in the seat back -- just the seat bottom. They work as well as those on my Honda Goldwing, which is to say mediocre at best.

·
Registered
427 Posts
The heated seats in my 07 CRV are "intermittant" in that they cycle on-and-off when they reach the desired temperature. I can tell the difference between high and low.

·
Registered
44 Posts
FYI - 2011 CR-V manual states that the heater is only in the bottom of the passenger seat due to the passenger side airbag cutoff system.

·
Registered
25 Posts
FYI - 2011 CR-V manual states that the heater is only in the bottom of the passenger seat due to the passenger side airbag cutoff system.
Seems odd that Honda cannot figure that out as our MINI and BMW 328xi both have fully heated seats (and passenger side airbag cutoffs). I also cannot figure out why the EX-L doesn't have a storage drawer under the front seat whereas the other models do. Don't get me wrong, I love this car and these are no big deals, just wondering....

·
Registered
336 Posts
Seems odd that Honda cannot figure that out as our MINI and BMW 328xi both have fully heated seats (and passenger side airbag cutoffs). I also cannot figure out why the EX-L doesn't have a storage drawer under the front seat whereas the other models do. Don't get me wrong, I love this car and these are no big deals, just wondering....
the drawer is replaced with a subwoofer.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
My 2010 EX L has three position switches for seat heaters

The heated seats in my 07 CRV are "intermittant" in that they cycle on-and-off when they reach the desired temperature. I can tell the difference between high and low.
High, off, and Low. In High position they are on all the time and get way too hot. In Low position they are intermittent and keep the seat at a reasonable temperature.

It seems both seat heaters are only in the seat cushions. I have not felt any heating in the seat back.

·
Registered
336 Posts
High, off, and Low. In High position they are on all the time and get way too hot. In Low position they are intermittent and keep the seat at a reasonable temperature.

It seems both seat heaters are only in the seat cushions. I have not felt any heating in the seat back.
your post is not all true.

Straight from the owner's manual
"In the HI setting, the heater turns off when the seat gets warm, and turns back on after the seat’s temperature drops.
In the LO setting, the heater runs continuously. It does not cycle with temperature changes."
As you can see, HI is intermittent and LO is continuous.

The heater elements are located in both seat bottoms and the seat back of the driver side. The reason why the seat back of the passenger side doesn't have a heater element was stated by eneisch in an earlier post.

·
Registered
92 Posts
A nice option to have in the winter, but honestly, these heaters are weak. My previous car had heated seats and you had to turn them off as they got too hot on both the bottom and back cushion.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Cruatchi, Thanks for the correction. Good catch.

your post is not all true.

Straight from the owner's manual
"In the HI setting, the heater turns off when the seat gets warm, and turns back on after the seat’s temperature drops.
In the LO setting, the heater runs continuously. It does not cycle with temperature changes."
As you can see, HI is intermittent and LO is continuous.

The heater elements are located in both seat bottoms and the seat back of the driver side. The reason why the seat back of the passenger side doesn't have a heater element was stated by eneisch in an earlier post.
I had it backwards. I must experiment some to see if my driver's seat back is working or not.

Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
377 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
ok - someone has to know how to activate the passenger seat back heater - every other maker with heated seats and an airbag detector makes it work - anyone know of a fix?

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
ok - someone has to know how to activate the passenger seat back heater - every other maker with heated seats and an airbag detector makes it work - anyone know of a fix?
Check the thread you made asking this exact question. I provided links to parts diagrams showing there is no element where there is no heat and it can't just be "activated" as you desire/think can happen.

http://www.crvownersclub.com/forums/14-problems-issues/65177-2011-passenger-seat-heater-activation.html

It is even discussed in post #2 of this thread. There is no heater element in the passengers side seat back.

·
Registered
2 Posts
then why does the toggle light go on if the passenger seat heater isn't functional?

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
In this time of restaurants creating, by necessity, a booming take-home market, I have found another use for heated seats. Place a folded towel on your unoccupied seat and turn it on. When you get to the restaurant, place your order on the towel. Should keep your food warm until you get home.😊

1 - 19 of 19 Posts