Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife tried to start the car after work and all she got was the "click" sound.
She had lights and the battery appeared to be charged.

Someone helped her jump start the car and it started right up.

Then the radio gave the "Enter Code" message, indicating that the ECU
had been reset, even though the battery was never disconnected and the
fuse was never removed.

The car seems to be starting normally now for the last 7 or 8 times with no
problems.

What might have caused this one time (so far) no start, and why did the ECU reset?

Thanks,

Gary

·
Registered
128 Posts
WE had a heavy rain during a short period,this resulted in an oncoming PU truck driving faster
than it should have, hit a water build up and splashed my car,at every stop light it seemed that
the engine would stall,I had an apointment and parked for 3hrs'swnt to leave, no click,just won't
turn over,light on and radio would come on but the Check Engine light was on, was boosted
Drove to my Honda Dealer,the computer readout said Engine timed out. Dealer was dumbfounded.
checked with Honda.the computer in the engine compartment must have been soaked and
needed to be replaced was there answer.. the dealer had to now boost the car to get it out
of the Service Bay,I asked the Teck to cancel the Check engine light,he did,I drove home
charged the battery which the Dealer wanted to replace on a three year old car.
Next morning I had to leave on a 300km trip,no problem since.
The dealer has stopped power washing engines.
Was It raining whan you wife parked the car,just kidding.Sorry for the long Thread,just had to do it...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
WE had a heavy rain during a short period,this resulted in an oncoming PU truck driving faster
than it should have, hit a water build up and splashed my car,at every stop light it seemed that
the engine would stall,I had an apointment and parked for 3hrs'swnt to leave, no click,just won't
turn over,light on and radio would come on but the Check Engine light was on, was boosted
Drove to my Honda Dealer,the computer readout said Engine timed out. Dealer was dumbfounded.
checked with Honda.the computer in the engine compartment must have been soaked and
needed to be replaced was there answer.. the dealer had to now boost the car to get it out
of the Service Bay,I asked the Teck to cancel the Check engine light,he did,I drove home
charged the battery which the Dealer wanted to replace on a three year old car.
Next morning I had to leave on a 300km trip,no problem since.
The dealer has stopped power washing engines.
Was It raining whan you wife parked the car,just kidding.Sorry for the long Thread,just had to do it...

It wasn't raining, but a few days earlier it did rain after a long dry spell. The problem hasn't returned yet. We'll see what
happens next time it rains!

Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts