Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
The LX model in Canada used 17 inch wheels in 2019 and I don’t believe the brake disc sizes changed between 2019 and 2020 so likely will fit. If looking to mount snow tires, have the tire installer check clearance first.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nuke, Thanks for the quick reply. The 2020 CRV LX comes with 17" wheels and as you probably know the Sport comes with 19". I was actually thinking of using the 17" wheels for summer tires and using the 19" for snows. I like my 17" wheels (silver) better than the stock 19" Sport wheels.

·
Banned
252 Posts
Nuke, Thanks for the quick reply. The 2020 CRV LX comes with 17" wheels and as you probably know the Sport comes with 19". I was actually thinking of using the 17" wheels for summer tires and using the 19" for snows. I like my 17" wheels (silver) better than the stock 19" Sport wheels.
The 2011 wheels are slightly different, but they should work. Your plan for winter tires is slightly backwards though. For best traction, you want taller, skinnier tires in the winter and shorter, fatter tires in the summer. In other words use the bigger rims in the summer, and smaller rims for the snow tires.

Here's a website where you can obtain wheel size specs for different cars....
Honda CR-V - Specs of wheel sizes, tires, PCD, Offset and Rims for all model years

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
I've got a spare set of OEM 17" wheels for our 2011 CRV. Will they fit on a 2020 CRV?
Presuming the 17" wheels fit the 2020 CRV and presuming the 2020 CRV has the same tire size as '17-'19 CRVs (29.1" diameter), a 235/65/17 tire would be virtually identical, in tire diameter, as the 2020 OE tire diameter. When changing tire sizes, try to stay as close as possible to the 2020 OE tire diameter.

On the metric tire sidewall.........1st number, times 2nd number, times 2, divided by 25.4, plus 3rd number, equals tire diameter in inches.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Captainbeandip & crv383. This whole exercise is happening because the 19" rims that come on the brand new 2020 Sport are a Dark Gray Colour that I really don't like. I know the 17" wheels would work better in the winter with snows so I think I'll just remove my brand new 19" rims with all season tires, mount my 17" temporarily. This will enable me to remove the 19's, strip the tires and get the wheels refinished in a colour I like. ??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts