Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see that megan racing has upgraded front and rear swaybars for 12-15 CR-V's? Has anyone used these? Curious to hear some feedback on what this helps improve. Thanks much

·
Registered
374 Posts
Happened upon this thread. Had to smile. I wondered years ago when my wife bought her 2011 CR-V if any reputable manufacturer made a replacement rear bar for the CR-V. Of course not. How foolish of me. Who would want to take the relentless grinding understeer out of a CR-V chassis? Make it just a bit more neutral at speed?

Well, I can tell you with absolute certainty that no one but me even considered this possibility in 2011, 2012, 2013. So, thanks for the post, blacksheep. I'll go see what Megan has to offer. (FWIW, even a 19mm bar makes a world of difference in the Accord chassis.)

Edit: Now this is frustrating. There's still not a rear bar available for the 2011 CR-V. Were there, I wouldn't hesitate to replace the OEM bar.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Blacksheep, I know this is an old post, however I just installed a Rear Megan Racing Swaybar on my 2014 LX CRV. I can tell you it made a huge difference. I bought the front one with it and I am waiting for the weather to get better in upstate NY until I install the Front bar. I also have H and R lower springs which may make the handling feel different if you are on the stock ride height.

Just wanted to share as I am a huge CRV fan.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Trying to find out if a 2012 bar will fit a 2011 CR-V is just that... trying.

From looking at the parts books it appears that Honda went from a 19mm rear bar in 2011 to a 18mm bar in 2012 (for the US market). The rear knuckles and control arms have different part numbers too. The factory 2012 bar is $38, not a lot to try one to see if it fits a 2011 (and by inference the Megan bar should then fit also).

Maybe when the weather warms up ... I sure would like to have a little more rear bar on my 2011. Another option might be to cut out the center section and have a piece of larger diameter tubing welded in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts