Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed the Curt 13119 hitch on their 2012 CR-V? I'm getting ready to purchase an AWD model and I read some cutting was involved. I'd really appreciate any installation tips and/or advice. Thanks!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Say what?!? Exhaust pliers, I didn't even think of such a tool to buy. I would recommend getting some of those, they look cool and probably a lot easier than using a screw driver like I did.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I should get mine this week .. Should be OK according to these instructions.
My only concern is that this hitch seems a bit heavy...probably even an overkill for CR-V.
stowellt, how's your experience with it so far?

My second question is, what about the harness? I purchased a harness with mine as well.
Does anyone have instructions on how to install it?

Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just installed Curt C13119 and Tow-ready harness 118561 from Etrailer.com.
Hitch was easy, Harness took a little longer, but still plug and play.I found the
factory wiring higher up in the upper trim panel than the picture shows but it is there.
I like to leave the pigtail coiled up on the spare tire and then I hang it out the back
gate when I use it.Then it does not get all dirty from road junk.Also I broke one of the
cargo hooks,but I got a new one from Honda dealer for only 2.50.So the whole setup was
under $ 220 delivered to my door.Happy camper so far...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yeah I did the same on mine...just left it with a spare tire
220$ to my door as well

I just installed Curt C13119 and Tow-ready harness 118561 from Etrailer.com.
Hitch was easy, Harness took a little longer, but still plug and play.I found the
factory wiring higher up in the upper trim panel than the picture shows but it is there.
I like to leave the pigtail coiled up on the spare tire and then I hang it out the back
gate when I use it.Then it does not get all dirty from road junk.Also I broke one of the
cargo hooks,but I got a new one from Honda dealer for only 2.50.So the whole setup was
under $ 220 delivered to my door.Happy camper so far...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts