Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our 2012 CR-V EX-L interior blower fan recently started to make a squalling noise which sounded like a bearing going bad. It actually sounded better at higher speeds. I figured out how to remove the fan assembly. At the bottom of the fan is a small cover and was able to flip that up. So I used my air compressor and blew out that opening (you can see motor winding) and very fine black dust came out. Blew it out pretty good multiple angles. I was outside and did it pointing down wind. After putting the fan back in, it sounded 95% better but I could still hear it a little bit.

Therefore I ordered a new fan from Bill Kay Honda online parts store as I figured it would eventually fail, most likely at an inconvenient time (spouse's car). 79310-T0A-A01 Motor Assembly, Fan I was able to install the new fan today and took some pictures. New fan sounds nice and smooth. DENSO is printed on each fan. The bottom panel under the glove box has three clips. Just pull down gently, and once unclipped, pull forward to remove it. 3 Torx screws, a wiring connector, and the harness clip is all that needed to remove the blower fan. Pull down on the metal where the center of the bottom cover clip is at while lowering the fan. This allows the cage wheel to clear. Reassemble in the reverse order. I hope this is helpful. And yes, the filter is very clean.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I need to take the time and do more of these. Especially the one where I replaced the transmission filter last March because that's hard to even figure out where it is and then pretty difficult to reach.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts