Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Honda CR-V EX AWD
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can any please identify the part that's hanging down? I had an object in a tire today and went to a tire place. The guy put a jack under the left side (rear driver side tire was the one going flat) and when he was trying to raise the car it looked like the jack slipped or something. He went about the repair (and I tipped him well) and didn't say anything about this part that's now broken and hanging down. I didn't even know it was like this until I was pulling in my driveway and my neighbor across the street told me I had something hanging from the bottom of my car. I'd already received a text message from the repair shop because I'd forgotten my spare car key there and I can pick it up Monday. I texted them a picture of the broken part and they said they'd be happy to fix it. My question is.... what is this part?? It appears to be plastic. Thank you in advance for your help!
Vehicle Car Auto part Bumper Automotive tire
Vehicle Auto part Automotive tire Bumper Automotive exterior
Vehicle Auto part Automotive tire Bumper Automotive exterior

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
12,197 Posts
The cover prevents road grit from sand-blasting the paint on the control arm, and creating rust that would cause issues later on.

It just snaps on, I believe. If it won't hold, best to replace.

·
Registered
2012 Honda CR-V EX AWD
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The cover prevents road grit from sand-blasting the paint on the control arm, and creating rust that would cause issues later on.

It just snaps on, I believe. If it won't hold, best to replace.
Thank you so much as well. I'll see if I can snap it back on. If not, I'll ask them to please replace. Thanks!!

·
Banned
2,510 Posts
It is a semi curved piece of plastic clipped on the lower control arms to assist in smoothing the air flow under the vehicle.
The vehicle shouldn't be lifted by the control arm with a jack. The center lift point on the suspension cradle should be used.

Honda Part No.: 52352-T0A-A00

·
Registered
2013 honda crv ex-l 2.0 auto awd twilight blue.
21 Posts
Can any please identify the part that's hanging down? I had an object in a tire today and went to a tire place. The guy put a jack under the left side (rear driver side tire was the one going flat) and when he was trying to raise the car it looked like the jack slipped or something. He went about the repair (and I tipped him well) and didn't say anything about this part that's now broken and hanging down. I didn't even know it was like this until I was pulling in my driveway and my neighbor across the street told me I had something hanging from the bottom of my car. I'd already received a text message from the repair shop because I'd forgotten my spare car key there and I can pick it up Monday. I texted them a picture of the broken part and they said they'd be happy to fix it. My question is.... what is this part?? It appears to be plastic. Thank you in advance for your help!
View attachment 139263 View attachment 139264 View attachment 139264
who the hell mullered the under panel? that is criminal damage.

·
Registered
2013 honda crv ex-l 2.0 auto awd twilight blue.
21 Posts
I know it is only a trim piece but it does contribute to under car air flow and it looks like a mad Doberman was hungry. I got a tow hitch (demount) on mine and it is cut properly and neatly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts