Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2012 CR-V White Diamond Pearl Owners?

I just picked up a 2012 CR-V EX-L AWD last month and today, while detailing it, I noticed a pretty big color variance between the right rear quarter panels, which appear to be plastic, and the rest of the vehicle. The quarter panels look yellower to me. I also noticed some fine orange or rust colored specs scattered throughout the paint. Not a lot of specs; just enough to cause a little concern. I'm curious if other White Diamond Pearl owners have the same issues.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I got a CR-V Touring in Aspen White Pearl (Touring is equivalent to EX-L AWD w/Navigation in U.S.) and I noticed the difference as well. I only notice it in certain angles/lighting.

Pearl Whites on any manufacturer's vehicles never exactly match when painting on plastic and metal.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Pearl Whites on any manufacturer's vehicles never exactly match when painting on plastic and metal.
This is correct AND why I prefer a true white. I only wish they offered the EX-L in Taffeta White, I would have been all over it. Crazy as it sounds, I actually like a bright, clean, "pop your eyes out" white.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So if I'm not happy with the match, who would make the call on whether the shade was acceptable or not, the regional Honda representative?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same for me, there is a difference of white, the one from the plastic panel seem white/yellow and I was pissed off when I noticed it 4 months after the delivery, IM guessing it will get worst with the sun exposure.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts