Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When pricing the 2012 EX-L, I am not able to get both Navi and RES, it's either one or the other.
Is it possible to purchase an EX-L with both Navi and RES?
If not, what are the pros and cons of each one: Navi vs RES?
Would it be possible to purchase with Navi and add RES, or vice versa?
Thanks in advance.
:confused:

·
Registered
6 Posts
It's one or the other...
You can't get them together.
You can probably get a better cheaper aftermarket RES if you really need it.
They both seem kind of pointless for me, but it if it was a good deal I would go for the NAVI.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I would get the NAVI, then add an aftermarket RES. That's probably cheaper and easier than going the other direction if you want them both. The factory NAVI is also integrated with the rearview camera, which displays on the much larger NAVI screen than the i-MID for units with NAVI.

·
Registered
60 Posts
You can either get aftermarket RES as noted or if you want to go cheap a portable DVD player that will work on 12V and plug it in and sit it on the center console. It also has a USB so you can use other devices to play back movies too.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I didn't want the NAVI because I can do the same thing on my iphone. I initially wanted the RES, but my kids are teens now and they would rather have upgraded ipods that they can watch movies and so forth on.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I didn't want the NAVI because I can do the same thing on my iphone. I initially wanted the RES, but my kids are teens now and they would rather have upgraded ipods that they can watch movies and so forth on.
Agreed, i'd rather give the kids iPads or iPods for their entertainment.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Does the Navi in the CRV update its self or does one have to load the new data via cds? My WRX STI has to be preloaded with DATA--which is lame as its outdated every year. Therefore I use my iphone most of the time when I'm lost (seldom)...only sucky part is when I have no data coverage.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Does the Navi in the CRV update its self or does one have to load the new data via cds? My WRX STI has to be preloaded with DATA--which is lame as its outdated every year. Therefore I use my iphone most of the time when I'm lost (seldom)...only sucky part is when I have no data coverage.
I believe you use the USB input to do the updating. I presume I could do it with my iPhone. I asked briefly when I was test driving it last month prior to the purchase. My 2007 has a DVD which was $185. I had the vehicle for 5 years (before trading it in with the 2012 purchase) and updated it a couple of years back. I thought $185 was a bit steep. I did go to Bit Torrent a few years back but decided I would update it once more and I'd be getting a new vehicle after 5 years whatever it is. I don't mind paying $30-40 to update something once a year. As noted $185 to me was way too much. I guess I'll look into more down the road

·
Registered
17 Posts
Still the NAvi system very complicated to use and looks the same on 2011 CRV model. I think Honda needs to consider the software from Garmin or Magellan.

·
Registered
8 Posts
With OEM Navi, if there is an update, you will have to take it to the dealer, when I got my 2012 it was told it $300.00 for the process, I will stick with my 1450 LMT GARMIN. cheaper.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts