Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2012 CRV Audio Wiring Harness

42K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  JTy 
#1 ·
Has anyone spliced in to their 2012 harness to install amps and such? I am preparing to do so, but am having trouble finding the right info online. I am going to install a 4 channel amp and would like to hear from someone else who might have done this. Dashboard disassembly and which colors you used. It would be nice to gather the definitive guide to this info on this forum. Thanks.

#2 ·
You are not alone. Honda has been very slow to release the details on this vehicle. The body repair manual was just published, so I'm hoping the service and electrical manuals will soon follow.

#3 ·
I've actually figured it out and installed an amp. It took a little work, but I finally got a wiring diagram from one of the Honda Dealerships. I went to the parts department and got a printout there. They accessed it on their computer and I was set. Just let them know your vin number so they get you the right one.

#6 ·
I used a Scosche 4channel lineout converter and snipped the speaker wires at the harness. From the LOC I sent rca cables to the amp in the back. Sent speaker wires back along the same route to the harness and connected them to the outgoing wires. I was going to go straight to the speakers until I discovered the molex in the door wiring, and didn't feel like drilling through the plastic on them. If you check my profile on hondasuv you can see an album with some pictures of it.

Attachments

#8 ·
Would you still be able to get the wiring diagram for a CRV audio navigation unit (P/N: 39540-SWA-E080-M1) please? It's a UK Ex model (3rd Gen).

Would also appreciate the wiring diagram for Gen 3 CRV stereo unit (P/N: 39100-SWA-G012-M1) please.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks.

#9 ·
#13 ·
#15 ·
Hi Jepalan, thanks for answer.
I already looked at post you have linked but no found my radio unit, this is my back side:
Is that from a European model CRV?

The 9 connectors on your radio should match the pinouts of the 9 connectors on the first pages of this document:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bys-c8aVt18mQy1IU0pUSUJwb0k/view?pli=1

Look closely at the indexing on each connector in the drawing to cross-correlate yours with the ones in the pdf doc.
It's easier if you flip your picture upside down.

#16 ·
Yes, it's an European model (Italy).
My connectors are like this that i have found at 8thcivic.com forum, but wires colours are different from Civic to my CRV:
Text Diagram Line Plan Parallel

Here you can see my CONNECTOR A (24P), dark grey, but wires colours order is different from doc you have linked:
Cable Wire Auto part Technology Electrical wiring

Electronics Wire Technology Vehicle Cable

Thanks for your help

#18 ·
Humming Noise from engine

Hi Everyone;

I just finished my audio upgrade installation on my CR-V 2012. I wanted to keep the navigation head unit so i used a Kicker KISLOC but i´m getting humming noise on my speakers. I checked both amps (Rockford and JL Audio, both are new) and both are not making noise to the RCA´s. Also checked the crossover and seems to be fine. My guess is that the LOC is making it. I grounded it directly but it was the same. Should i get a new LOC? Any brand suggestion? I didn´t want to spend that much on a LOC, but if needed, maybe i should get an Audiocontrol... If anyone has experienced any similar trouble, please let me know.

Kind regards from Mexico

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.