Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have owned several new cars in my life and always wash them thoroughly in the spring. Last year I noticed that my CRV had this weird bumpy feel to the paint even after washing it really really well.

I was able to remove the grit with turtle wax bug and tar remover but I always felt it was really weird.

Anyway, this year...it's even worse and it's making me wonder if this could be a problem with the clear coat?

Any thoughts out there?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the reply!

No, you can't really see it bur rather feel it. It's like sand paper...

I can remove it with some elbow grease and turtle wax bug and tar removal. But to me...for a two year old car it makes me wonder if there is not an issue with the paint?

Is that possible?

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Since you can remove it with some work, I think you may environmental contaminates on the surface of your paint, it is a pretty common occurrence. I would try the clay bar, it is typically used with a detail spray to lubricate the surface, the bar will lift the contaminates that can get embedded in the surface of your paint. You will be quite surprised how smooth the surface will be after using it.

i use it twice a year on my vehicles, once in the fall and again in the spring.

Here is a link; http://www.detailguide.com/03_how_01_07_prep_seal_wax.html

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
I think it has a lot to do with 1) where you live, 2) how often do you wash your car and 3) is it garaged at night?
Living near the flight path of several busy airports myself, I know that when I had to park my '02 Accord outside all the time (the garage was taken by other vehicles) it needed washing at least once a week, otherwise the fallout from all the air pollution would become rougher than fine grit sandpaper on the paint.
A clay bar should help as 13CRVEX points out.
Try it and report back.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I bought my 2012 CRV new and the dealer gave me a car wash free for a month. This is the BEST carwash I've ever been through. You can go through as many times a day as you like. I bought a subscription for $24 a month and it gives the best wash and wax. A one time wash/wax is $12 so this is a good deal. Luckily I only live 8 miles from the wash and go by frequently. I regularly wash it once a week. The paint and shine is like new. My can is also garaged during the day and night when not is use. Regular washes are the best way to keep the grime, bird poop, tar, etc. off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts