Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 CRV with 30k miles and noticed a loud ticking coming from the engine (Video w/ sound below). It feels premature to have a valve issue given the mileage, but is that possible, or could it be something else such as a loose rocker arm? The idle can be a bit rough at times but gas mileage seems accurate. Thanks in advance!

So I apparently can't post a link but the YouTube video is: Z7WD7_OVxHE

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
You need to fix the link, doesnt work. I would just copy and paste from the nav bar. Posting stuff like videos and such here is a bit tricky.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The board won't let me since I don't have 5 posts. It's a restriction they are imposing. If you pull up a Youtube video and replace the end part with Z7WD7_OVxHE it will come up

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Sounds like it needs a valve adjustment. My 2013 with 59,000 miles doesn’t sound like that.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
I'd say that's about what our '13 w/32k on it sounds like. Nothing out of the ordinary, just the valves and fuel injectors ticking and clicking away nicely.
Coastie05 - if yours doesn't sound like that you may have tight valves, which isn't a good thing, IMO.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
I'd say that's about what our '13 w/32k on it sounds like. Nothing out of the ordinary, just the valves and fuel injectors ticking and clicking away nicely.
Coastie05 - if yours doesn't sound like that you may have tight valves, which isn't a good thing, IMO.
Thanks for your input. I do disagree because his is quite a bit louder than mine. There's a lot more chatter than mine, whereas, mine just sounds a lot smoother. Mine has sounded exactly the same since it was bought brand new. I am probably going to do a valve lash this winter though. We're expecting our first child next week, so I won't have time for quite awhile.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts