Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Until about two weeks ago my iPhone 11 would automatically connect to the car over bluetooth and start playing. About 2 weeks ago I got in the car and started driving and the phone refused to connect. I pulled over and tried to figure out how to make it connect but who remembers these things when its working automatically. An hour later, after my lunch stop, the phone connected normally.

The next morning the phone would not connect again and has not connected since. When I push the phone button on the dash it acts like it is searching for my phone and can't find it. I removed the entry for the car from my phone hoping for a difference. I've tried to remove my phone from the car but can't find the place to do it. Its like some of the menus are also missing now. Any idea?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have verified that the car can also not see a Samsung Galaxy S4 or S7. Are there any further tests or easy procedures to perform before replacing a part? What is the community consensus on the best way to get back to functional?

If an OEM part must be replaced, what part would that be, where is it located, and how do I get to it?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So for anyone following along, according to several online OEM parts catalogs the original part number for the Gen4 (2012-2016) HFT (bluetooth hands free talk) module is 39770-T0A-A51 as listed under the section Control Unit (Cabin) (1). The updated part number is 39775-T0A-A50.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
During testing this morning I was able to press the phone button and get the question to pair a device. Further, I was able to press and hold the hang up/end button on the steering wheel for about 7-10sec and receive the audio message "the hands free is ok". I was able to delete and re-pair my phone to the car.

I was correct though that this would not survive removing the key. The HFT buttons are all dead and the phone can no longer be found. At this point I'm looking for procedures to get into the dash to take a look at the part number of the module I have installed and possibly the insides for something obvious.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.