Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello - I have a 2012 CRV EX-L and need to replace the Reel Assembly(Clock Spring) behind the steering wheel. I am replacing as it is causing problems with cruise control and remote radio switch. Both go out and to get it back I have to turn the wheel hard to the right of left. I have found YouTube videos and directions on how to replace the Clock Spring on older Honda's. Can anyone provide directions for replacing the Clock Spring on a 2012 CRV?

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Truly it's dangerous for someone who has 0 experience dealing with these systems. Rather easy to detonate the airbag. A strong static discharge during remove can blow them, misstep with wiring will blow them.

Also there is a lot you can damage without proper tools to take apart modern steering columns. Honda may have kept it more simple still for your generation V or may not.

Imho it's best to take it to a shop. So many think YouTube is the answer, and at least 1/2 if not more commonly it ends up causing more problems and costing more than just going to a shop in the end.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts